Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
04 Forester XS
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey fellow forestrians -
Just bought an '04 SF XS w/PP today. 112K, Auto. Paid $8600 before trade in ('01 VW Golf 1.8T) and taxes/fees. I looked at 8 Foresters in a massive shopping trip from Queens up the hudson and in to CT. The farther from the city, the better the cars were for the money.

This one had a nice clean leather interior, new brakes/tires and was the only one that wasn't really rusty and didn't smell like a dog! The sun roof is a huge plus - it makes a nice road an event. Turns out the car is a few miles from a friend's garage and he tells me it needs crankshafts seals. $900 job (what with getting behind the timing belt) and is semi-urgent (what with oil from said leak degrading said belt), but I got a break on the asking price for it.

Looking forward to years of adventures with my subie. Nice to know this org is here -it's already been really useful just in the shopping process. I will park it on the street in lower Manhattan (and so begins the slow, inevitable destruction of the exterior) and drive it up to the Catskill mountains every weekend with skis, bikes or a canoe on top.

1st mod- big, ugly rubber bumper corner strips

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,736 Posts
Welcome. Once you get it fixed it should give you many enjoyable miles.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts