Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello im a first time subaru person so i geuss i am a newbie :( , im used to nissan's. i just picked up my first car 1999 subaru forester auto :(. car needs motor and 5spd swap. all the help i can get would be awesome!:banana:

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,902 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Always room for another Subaru owner. Post up a picture of your Forester so we can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
i pick it up tomorrow ill post pictures up asap it needs a new hatch tho pretty rusty :( other then that the body is flawless

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,878 Posts
Welcome, you'll find here, plenty of people are quite pleased with their auto transmission even on modded turbos.

Spend some time using the search and you will find many who think it's an easy swap from auto to manual or the other way around. Not only do you need the transmission and proper differentials (I believe the rear needs to be changed as well) but you will also need a ECU from an appropriate manual to replace your auto ECU, it's an expensive changeover especially on a 10 year old car. Even finding those parts in the area is going to be difficult, unless you have already found them (I've got a friend looking for a motor to rebuild and none to be found)You might be better off buying the Forester you actually want before moving out west, cause prices are quite a bit higher out there than here. Plenty on AutoTrader.

Good Luck

1 - 10 of 10 Posts