Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2017 FXT Ice Silver sadly stock for now
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just picked up my Forester last week. I got a 17 XT touring. I found a great deal on one in Salt Lake City (I'm in LA/OC) flew out and drove home. It was a blast. I used to have an 04 STI and sold it years ago to save for a house. I'm so glad to be back in a Soob. All the features are amazing and the Eyesight system really makes for a safe city vehicle while maintaining enough offroad capability to head out to some local fire trails and play in the mud over last weekend. Anyway, looking forward to some light modding in the future (CVT so nothing more than stage 1) but I plan to lift it a bit and go with some AT tires once mine wear out out. Be well!

·
Registered
52 Posts
Just picked up my Forester last week. I got a 17 XT touring. I found a great deal on one in Salt Lake City (I'm in LA/OC) flew out and drove home. It was a blast. I used to have an 04 STI and sold it years ago to save for a house. I'm so glad to be back in a Soob. All the features are amazing and the Eyesight system really makes for a safe city vehicle while maintaining enough offroad capability to head out to some local fire trails and play in the mud over last weekend. Anyway, looking forward to some light modding in the future (CVT so nothing more than stage 1) but I plan to lift it a bit and go with some AT tires once mine wear out out. Be well!
Welcome.
What local fire trails did you go out on?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went up Silverado Canyon and tried to hit Maple Springs but it was closed like everything else in Cleveland NF. So I went over to Holy Jim and watched some people do the Trabuco Creek hill and the played in the mud pits for a while. I was a fun 1st outing. Im probably gonna try Angeles NF next weekend, there are a few trails up there I want to have ago at.

·
Registered
52 Posts
I went up Silverado Canyon and tried to hit Maple Springs but it was closed like everything else in Cleveland NF. So I went over to Holy Jim and watched some people do the Trabuco Creek hill and the played in the mud pits for a while. I was a fun 1st outing. Im probably gonna try Angeles NF next weekend, there are a few trails up there I want to have ago at.
I would definitely like to know about spots in the Angeles NF, it's back yard. Just got mg Forester 2 weeks ago and haven't had a chance to go out exploring in it yet.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
There is a great app called All Trails I have been using. It has filters you can apply to only see trails that allow off road driving. It gives directions, basic desriptions, difficulty level, etc. I also filtered by closest and it brought up a ton of local trails. I find it pretty useful.

·
Vendor
2013 Forester SJ 5-speed Manual
255 Posts
Welcome to the site and congrats on your Forester! Snap some pictures when you can. You're joining a great community. Folks here are very willing to help and share information. Please feel free to reach out to us if you have any questions at all, we are always happy to help!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts