Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Impreza 2.5RS Automatic
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all! I'm Trevor. I've been contemplating selling my Impreza for a Forester and figured what better place to come learn more about Foresters. I currently drive a 2000 Subaru Impreza 2.5RS. I've had it for about 5 years now and I love everything about it. I've done a decent amount of work and it's taken a lot hard work to get to where I am, so I'm not entirely sold on starting over. Yet, I need something with a bit more room. I now have a dog and I run a small car customizing business called Equipped Motorworks, so transporting parts & equipment is not too easy in my small Impreza. I love it so much, but we'll see what happens.

Subaru owner for life!

·
Registered
2015 2.5i Premium CVT
373 Posts
Welcome to the Forums from Western PA... Forester = ground clearance and room to haul.

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Sport 4EAT
1,663 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

I've got an 02 Impreza wagon and an 08 Forester.

To tell you the truth, I didn't care for the Forester until I tried the turbo version. It just didn't have enough pep for the mountains around here without it. Having the Impreza with the 2.5 made it hard for me to take a heavier and bigger car with the same size engine, so turbo it was!

I like the Impreza wagon and Forester quite a bit. If you don't need as much room as the Forester provides, the Impreza wagon is a great choice.

List some of the mods you have done to the 2.5RS and we should be able to give you an idea of what will transfer over to a Forester. Off the top of my head though, I think the GC Imprezas had the most in common with the SF (98-02) Foresters.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts