Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Premium
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So, I just purchased my first ever BRAND new car, a 2011 Forester X Premium! It's currently on order and will be shipped to my door step in approximately five weeks! I'm super excited to explore the rugged side of these vehicles, and judging by what most of you have been talking about, I will NOT be disappointed. I've built every thing from Hondas to Chevys to Fords to Jeeps, but this marks the first time I'll ever play around with a Subie.

Aside from the Forester, I own a 1992 Honda Prelude 2.3L non-VTEC pushing 22 lbs of boost on a T304 Ball Bearing turbo. Most of the work is done, just squaring away minor details and need to get it a tune, but it's very difficult to stay on top of it when it's in New Jersey and I'm in Hawaii :icon_eek:

The Forester is replacing the 1989 Jeep Wrangler YJ I currently have in Hawaii. As much as I love building an old vehicle, I just don't have the time right now because of some business ventures I'm undertaking, so I need something reliable and fun, hence the Fozzie! Plenty of good off-roading spots in Oahu to play around in right by my house :icon_biggrin:

I look forward to hearing everyone's stories about their Foresters, as well as learning all I can to really make my Fozzie roar when the warranties are up! :banana:

Stay Frosty!
Marc Anthony

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
Welcome and congrats! :banana:

P.S. I live in Jersey, if you need anyone to 'look after' that Prelude! :lol:

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Premium
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Welcome and congrats! :banana:

P.S. I live in Jersey, if you need anyone to 'look after' that Prelude! :lol:
Hahahaha! I would keep that in mind, but my mom takes pretty good care of it. She has a 2004 Honda Accord and she still prefers my 'lude over her car. I always get a warm and fuzzy when she sends me a message about how she toasted some 18 year old kid in the Mustang mommy and daddy bought him :biggrin:

I go back to Hawaii on Monday, but next time I'm out this way I'll give you a heads up man. Westfield is a pretty good drive from Brick, but I'm always up for driving the 'lude any where!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Aside from the Forester, I own a 1992 Honda Prelude 2.3L non-VTEC pushing 22 lbs of boost on a T304 Ball Bearing turbo. Most of the work is done, just squaring away minor details and need to get it a tune, but it's very difficult to stay on top of it when it's in New Jersey and I'm in Hawaii :icon_eek:
( i done a couple of home build cars my self but this 1 sound pretty cool!!
turbo honda :woohoo:

I look forward to hearing everyone's stories about their Foresters, as well as learning all I can to really make my Fozzie roar when the warranties are up! :banana:
( love that part the foz ROAR )

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,736 Posts
Welcome to the Subaru family. Enjoy that new Fozzy when it arrives.

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5 x LTD
43 Posts
Welcome! We're enjoying our first Subaru. g/f's considering trading her Jeep Liberty for a Outback next year when they work all the bugs out.

·
Registered
2011 Forester X Premium
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome from Illinois.
Just curious though. It seems that you're a fan of boost with the Prelude and all, so why no XT?
I bought the car in Jersey, my trade-in (89 Jeep Wrangler) is in Hawaii, where the Foz is being shipped. I had no trade in and nothing to put down at the moment, since all my money is tied up in investments at the moment.:icon_frown: So for one, I didn't want to have an outrageous payment for a car.:N_poke: But MOST importantly, you can't even order an XT in 5 speed manual! I've been driving manuals since before I even had my license, and I absolutely REFUSE to drive any thing other than a manual.:cool: Just my personal preference, as Bobby always says. :icon_biggrin:

I can deal with a N/A car for now, because it's main purpose is to get me to business meetings,and of course tote my surfboards and scuba gear! :bananapowerslide: Besides, I'm already exploring ways I can bring the Foz to it's full potential and beyond! :woohoo:

Marc

1 - 13 of 13 Posts