Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2006 Legacy GT Lmtd
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my fozzy has been slightly hesitating under acceleration. When I get up from around 3k to 4k and I get on it a little bit it has a tendency to studder. The car now has 67k on it...could it be my spark plugs that need changing? Any ideas?

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
30,106 Posts
Recently my fozzy has been slightly hesitating under acceleration. When I get up from around 3k to 4k and I get on it a little bit it has a tendency to studder. The car now has 67k on it...could it be my spark plugs that need changing? Any ideas?
Spark plug change interval for the XT is at the 60k service, IIRC, so yours might be due if it hasn't been done yet.

·
Registered
2006 Legacy GT Lmtd
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Ya I'm not too sure the last time the plugs were changed I prolly should do that. And as for transmisson flush I don't know either. Probably two things I should do. I bought it at a dealership where it was inspected but they just make sure it's good and not broken lol

·
Registered
none none
9,011 Posts
If nothing else, I'd guess it might be the front o2 sensor. Isn't that rpm range about when boost is kicking in and when switching between open and closed loop?

My car has had the same sort of stumble for a while, but it seems to come and go. I'm going to try replacing my front o2 and possibly the knock sensor (it randomly pulls timing, might be the spark plugs but those will be getting replaced soon anyway)

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Check the trans fluid, dipstick is on the passenger side housing. Pretty hard to get to as it's under the intercooler behind the turbo. if you can get at it, fluid should be light in color and not smell burned. If it's dark and smells burned you should flush it. And if that didn't get done, you probably didn't get plugs as they were due at the same time.

·
Registered
2015 Forester X 6MT 6-Gear Manual
1,373 Posts
Sounds like ignition or a combo with insufficient octane with the KS pulling timing. Also any Intake tract leaks will cause stumble too. Try Iridium plugs in heat range 6 or 7 (NGK) to give the coils an easier job.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
2,127 Posts
Does it idle rough as well? If so you might want to clean the MAF sensor if that hasn't been done in a while. I noticed mine idled and ran much smoother after doing that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts