Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
the metroNYPCA have finally announced their first events of the season, and they are @ the best venue in NY, TOBAY BEACH! hopefully we wont get rained out like usual, but we are 1 short month away from kicking off the 2010 season!

March 7th
March 14th(rain date MARCH 21ST)
April 3rd

if you guys wanna turn one of these events in2 a little mini fozzy meet chime in what days work for ya.

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,188 Posts
I may come and watch if some other people are showing up. Don't have springs yet and won't beat on my car hard enough to win!

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 · (Edited)

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
very true, what would you guys do w/out him! ken is an all around great guy, and asset to the local subie community. not to mention hes the only one that can spin a wrench! :raspberry:

·
Registered
13 Forester XT 4EAT
4,188 Posts
We should have snow cross, I'd do that. Nothing like being able to hang the rear out with the throttle. I just got finished with figure 8's in an unplowed lot!

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester X
314 Posts
I would love to do this but I've never done it not really sure how it works and I have an n/a isn't that a disadvantage or is there a class for my car? I was doing some figure 8's the other night and broke off my front lip SUX!! Even if I don't race it'd be cool to see it let me know when you guys are going?

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
I would love to do this but I've never done it not really sure how it works and I have an n/a isn't that a disadvantage or is there a class for my car? I was doing some figure 8's the other night and broke off my front lip SUX!! Even if I don't race it'd be cool to see it let me know when you guys are going?
thats a major misconception, power or being n/a has no disadvantages! what better way to learn the limits of your car safely and legally! your car would be in x2, the rest of the turbo foresters would be in x3. but classing and all that jazz is irrelevant for a first event.

just get out there and have some fun and try to improve your times throughout the day! thats the most rewarding and fun to me... and even if you dont race, spectating is fun too - but youll wish you were racing the whole time lol!

·
Premium Member
2007 Forester X
314 Posts
True you're right if I go I have to race haha I would definitely be watching the event wanting to race! I'd prob be more inclined for the april 3rd event just because I have winter tires on my car right now and I will prob take them off at the end of march as I go upstate to snowboard pretty often.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts