Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 FXTi
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody (this message is being posted by my wife) my VF39 Turbo (on my STi stage 2 Forester) just let go during a road trip and I am in Cambridge, OH. Need a shop recommendation ASAP. It's almost 3pm, Monday Jan 18. Need shop within 100 miles (Columbus, OH or Pittsburgh, PA) to have turbo replaced with another VF series (VF39, 30, 34, 43).

Anyone have slightly used turbo? Anyone have shop rec? Anyone with garage, full tool set, and knowledge?

Need immediately please - supposed to get my buddy back to DC by tomorrow AM.

Please call 410-330-8368, as I do not have computer access.

Thanks in advance, Leah, For wadejg

·
Registered
2004 fxt A/T
2,567 Posts
What about IAG performance? 410-810-3555 They are a vendor on here, just tell them the deal and that you are a member. Even if they can't directly help I am sure they could steer you in the right direction. Surely they know of someone in the area with a used VFXX.

·
Registered
2007 FSTI and X 6 MT
22,252 Posts
What about TIC? They are down in Cincinnati Ohio and do excelent work. Heck, they may even have one used in stock.

http://www.turninconcepts.com/130-70266

(I took the homepage photo, well the wife did, hehe)

someone also posted on nasioc in the cincy thread, I will message Tony and ask him to get incontact with you.

·
Premium Member
2004 FXTi
764 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Long story, but briefly, got the used turbo from Turn in Concepts, got it installed at sigmatec automotive in Columbus the next day. This is after a night of vomiting in my hotel room from a viral gastroenteritis. Yeah, I feel better, the turbo is installed I'm sick but on the road again. Thanks to everybody....but then 70 miles down the road the replacement used turbo seizes up. Either the used turbo had a problem or I have an oiling issue that is eating turbos. I don't have the fortitude to stop again so I drive the car with the turbo completely dead (like not spinning at all) for 400 miles and get home, having used a quart of oil coming out of my turbo. Made it home though. Good God it was terrible. Thanks for help from everybody. Lots of people tried to track me down a turbo and get me on my way. The guys at turninconcepts are, as usual, great and ZB at sigmaTec did the work quickly and for a very reasonable cost. I'll post more when I have a diagnosis.

Thanks again,
Justin Wade
2004 FXTi

1 - 10 of 10 Posts