Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2009 Forester Auto
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After a moderate overnight rain and wet snow, quite a water puddle (literally) found in the left rear passenger foot well, and only in this one place. I used a mop to absorb quite some water above carpet but still water under carpet which I can not reach. Hand felt dry under driver seat, front passenger and right rear passenger seat floor carpet; no visual sighting of water on ceiling, neither on 4 car door panels rubber seals. The car is parked on driveway and not driving during the period.

what could the water come from? The water is not from underneath because the car was parked during the period; the water is not from ceiling or door panel because can not find any visual sighting of water trace even though both rear door panel rubber seal has more moisture than that of front door, but we are talking about slight moisture or condensation, not dripping water. The driveway is with a little slope with car front slightly higher than rear. Many people in the forum mentioned leaking A-pillar around the windshield, but my front row carpet is dry, under both driver and front passenger seat.

Is it possible there is a drain pipe or a electric wire duct leading water to the underneath of the left rear passenger foot well? I am thinking to remove the rear seat so I can reach under the rear row carpet to take a look and dry out the water, but I don't know how I can do this. The Haynes book has a photo showing cushion retaining bolts from the front of the back seat for 2009 Legacy and saying other models are similar, but I could not see or finger feel any bolt on my 2009 Forester. Can anyone give me some idea or a link to a article or youtube?

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
2009 Forester Auto
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I see a couple posts talking about removing back seat, on a 2012 forester. Mine is a 2009 forester and seems different than what they described. Mine does not have cup holder in the back seat. There should be bolts or pins hold down the back seat, but I just could not find them. Can someone please show me where to find them? and what to pay attention to when removing a 2009 forester back seat?

Thanks a bunch.

·
Registered
2009 Forester Auto
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Do you have a moon/sun roof?
Thanks TrailAngel for your attention.

My car does not have moon/sun roof.

I want to know how to remove the rear row car seat and get access under the carpet to dry up the water and find out where the water comes from. I guess there might be a electric wire duct running from somewhere, say engine compartment, to where the rear left passenger foot well is. The rain water maybe leaked from the other end, and because my car is parked on a slope with front higher than rear, so the water flows to the rear seat area. Since the water comes via that electric wire duct, water only goes to where the other end of duct located, in this case the left rear passenger foot well, not anywhere else. Of course, this is just my hypothesis. To find out what really happened, I need to remove the rear seat to take a look. Again, can anyone please give me a link on how to remove the rear seat on my 2009 Forester? Again the rear seat does not have cup holder, and I don't see any holding bolts around the rear seat. Please help.

Thanks again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts