Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2005 GT30r'd Forester JDM 6-speed
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am feeling about as low as I can right now.... I should have just left well enough alone. A few weeks after my Kartboy Shifter install I noticed a tiny little buzzing sound, so I went back in to tighten everything up, and ended up snapping off a bolt in the process. There is a bracket that holds in the front shifter stay, and that is what I broke off. I am going to embed a picture from Peaty's install Thread off of Scooby Mods if it will help any.

If anyone can please help me, i would be truly greatful. I searched the parts catalog at (subarugenuineparts.com) but I came up empty handed. however it was my first time navigating their site.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
what year are you? XT I assume?

nvm 04 XT I see..

one minute please.

35033AA022
if you need a new washer (part 16), it's 35017AA002

Item Number | MSRP | (SGP)Price
35033AA022 | $20.57 | $15.05

BRACKET

·
Registered
2006 Forester 2.5XT
33 Posts
Is the bolt a welded assy with part 16? Can you cut it off and replace it with a hardware store bolt? Maybe drill the part, leave the head on a replacement screw, and braze or solder it in place?

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks for everyone's help so far.... I can't believe that I wasn't grounded enough give you a little bit more info.... it's a 2004 XT.... and unforunately no I can't replace it with a hardware store bolt.... it's a combined unit with part 16.... so i have to replace that whole piece.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
what year are you? XT I assume?

nvm 04 XT I see..

one minute please.

35033AA022
if you need a new washer (part 16), it's 35017AA002

Item Number | MSRP | (SGP)Price
35033AA022 | $20.57 | $15.05

BRACKET
Thank you so very much.... You're a life saver.... hopefully my local dealership has one on hand

Coming in a close second, but that illustration was priceless..... that website was amazingly helpful.... thank you ever so much for that link

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Thank you so very much.... You're a life saver.... hopefully my local dealership has one on hand

Coming in a close second, but that illustration was priceless..... that website was amazingly helpful.... thank you ever so much for that link
Np. Might be a SOP so you'd have to wait anywhere from 1 day to 1 week.

That website should really be a sticky lol

1 - 7 of 7 Posts