Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

Should I sell my rims for a new setup?

• Sell them

Votes: 6 30.0%
  • Keep them

Votes: 14 70.0%
  • Trade them for another set (post what wheels)

Votes: 0 0.0%
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5XT auto Auto
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So with all recent members posting pictures of their new rims it has got me thinking...
Debating if I should sell my 18" JDM FSTi wheels for a new setup. I love the look of jwright77

Thinking of getting much lighter 18" wheels, but not yet sure if I should. I know I want to go with a wider 235 rubber without having to roll my fenders. The rubber I have now is 225/45/18 Kumho SPT. I am currently on STi Pink Springs. See my journal here

Not looking to spend a lot more on new rims if I sell them. Might be interested in trading for a light weight 18" set.
Let me know what you think.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,367 Posts
Let me ask you a question...

Are you effing crazy? :N_poke::biggrin::chair::biggrin:

HAHAHA. If they're just rims to you do whatever makes you happy. Unfortunately (?) for me, not only do I LOVE my FSTi rims, even though they heavy, I appreciate the fact that they are very limited edition here in the US.

·
Premium Member
2009 Outback XT-B 5MT
10,254 Posts
I'm of the belief that, for the facelifted SG the FSTI rim is the best looking wheel available. I STILL think Todd's Forester is the best looking one I've seen to date.

·
Registered
2007 forester sport xt
473 Posts
You should probably sell them to me so you can buy lighter rims. I am always willing to take a hit to help a fellow forester owner out.

·
Registered
2008 XT
126 Posts
I would say "sell" just so I could buy them, but truthfully you'd be crazy. Jwright's rims only work on WR Blue in my opinion, and only just. A liitle over the top for my taste, but he can get away with it because of the gold rims on blue STi heritage.

Just my opinion. Keep them, they look stunning.

·
Premium Member
'09 STI
4,129 Posts
Unless you're planning on getting real TE37s you're not going to save any weight. If you're going to run 9.5" wheels with the wrong offset and the alignment specs to make them fit the steering is going to feel like crap.

If you're planning to run the right size tire to match the rim (265-275) for track work I think it's a good idea. Otherwise it will look cool but will actually slow your car down a ton. Also your stock struts will probably not work well with that large of a wheel/tire set-up. Know that my 225s rubbed with 7.5"s.

·
Registered
2008 Forester 2.5XT auto Auto
510 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
HAHAHA. If they're just rims to you do whatever makes you happy. Unfortunately (?) for me, not only do I LOVE my FSTi rims, even though they heavy, I appreciate the fact that they are very limited edition here in the US.
I do as well appreciate that they are very limited, even more so in Canada.

I would say "sell" just so I could buy them, but truthfully you'd be crazy. Jwright's rims only work on WR Blue in my opinion, and only just. A liitle over the top for my taste, but he can get away with it because of the gold rims on blue STi heritage.

Just my opinion. Keep them, they look stunning.
I would not want gold rims, just the style of the rims is what I like. I haven't really started to look to see what would be the best looking lightweight rims for a DGM Fozzy but it is something that I was just thinking about doing.

·
Registered
2007 Sports XT 4EAT (former)
2,485 Posts
I love them, personally. If I had a set I think they'd be on my Foz until I sold it. I just think that if I switched to something else I might get tired of them eventually, whereas the FSTI wheels are simply classic looking.

·
Registered
:(
471 Posts
Like other have said, they are a classic rim that will never go out of style. Not to mention hiiighly sought after.

Keep em!

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
181 Posts
^^ I agree
I think that they are beautiful and you will regret it down the road. At the same time if you decide to sell you will probably see me lining up for them as well.

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
I've loved all 3 sets that I've owned. I still have my brand new full size spare that I've kept in hopes of being able to buy 3 new ones in the future.

If you want a set of equally rare lightweight 17" JDM wheels in trade, let me know.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts