Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I've got a few issues with my Forester 2000 manual transmission. Any suggestion on what might be the cause(s) would be great!

Problem #1: my car jerks when driving at low speeds (in traffic for example), as if I was about to stall so I always have to press on the clutch or put it in neutral to prevent that. It also sometimes makes some jerks when I drive and I take my foot off the the gas pedal.

i changed the throttle position sensor to a new one (not the most expensive one however) but that did not solve the issue. I also got a CPU reflash done. I know the CPU reflash is supposed to improve management of the RPM but since they've done that, the car has been behaving weirdly. RPM often stays around 1500 rpm when in neutral (say, when waiting at a light). It goes down to 1000 rpm when pressing the clutch. Some days, it doesn't do that at all and seems fine. I also noticed lately that the car will shake when in neutral. So it really seems like I have a RPM management-related type of issue??

Problem #2: My Forester seems to have really bad gas mileage. I'm not sure I even do 250 km on a tank. I have no leaks. I have been getting a check engine and the code it gives is related to the rear O2 sensor not being active or something like that. So perhaps that might explain it?

Thanks for any input that might help solve these issues!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,829 Posts
I see this is your first post, so welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

I'd suggest reading thru this thread. It's a long thread, so even starting from the end & working back may help you trouble shoot your specific problems. :wink:

If I was going to give you a place to start looking, the front O2 sensor would be my guess. :smile:

Bobby...

'07 FSXT MODding Journal
'03 X MODding Journal

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,829 Posts
1 - 4 of 4 Posts