Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This might be a bit of a long shot but has anyone got a copy of the fitting instructions for the Thule roof rack/bars which fits the 2003 - 2008 Forester ? Fitting the bars is in fact no problem but I haven't used them for quite a while but need to do so soon and in a house move I have lost the instructions which I think were specific about where to position the bars (i.e. distance apart and how far back from the windscreen). This may be a question of aerodynamics but also might be a safety issue so I want to be sure.

If someone has a copy maybe they can be scanned and emailed to me or maybe just look at them and give me the details of positioning by email or in the forum ?

I tried to contact the original supplier but they have gone bust ! Thule have (surprisingly) also not been helpful just saying I should contact another distributer and ask for help. Won't buy any of their stuff again !!!

·
Registered
2003 Forester
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks very much for the reply. I've downloaded the document in question and read it - it is indeed the right set of instructions for the roofbars that I have but not as I remember it by which I mean this is the fitting instructions but nothing in it about where best to position the bars on the roof. I guess I may have misremembered it and therefore you just have to use commonsense or maybe a good guess about where is best !

1 - 3 of 3 Posts