Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi Everyone,

I would really appreciate some advice please. My father in law has gone on holiday and has left me the keys to his subaru forester (2004) as he wants me to run it around a few times while he is away. He told me that if I take longer than 10 seconds from unlocking the car to starting the ignition I should press the only button on the key fob and start it again as it will be immobilised. I don't know what I have done wrong but now it is completely dead with no lights or anything and I have to lock it with the key. Is there a way of starting this or resetting it or should I just phone the subaru garage? I have tried both keys to no avail.

I would really appreciate any help you give me (before he gets back lol).

Dori :)

·
Registered
SG9 Forester XT Stick Shift
1,670 Posts
That must be an aftermarket system. I doubt anybody could help you with it here. What is the brand on the remote?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Immobilizer

I am having issues with my newly purchased 06 as well. I do not have key fobs though. Read the manual in section 2. There is info there that may help. One thing you could try is switching the key from lock to the on position 3 times within 5 seconds to reset.
Outdoorkid

1 - 3 of 3 Posts