Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester 2.5 XPremium 4EAT
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi,

Just came home after 10 mile drive, car running fine. Outside temp about 60F / 15C

Parked car in my garage and noticed a line of fluid on the floor underneath the front passenger side. I have not had the AC on for a few days now.

Had a look underenath, as best I could, and confirmed the fluid is definteley water, definitely not coolant.

It seems to be dripping from a pipe / hose that is clipped to discharge underneath car I.E. it's not a broken hose or come loose, it's clipped in place to drip onto the floor.

It's situtaed on the front passenger side of the car, right next to where the first (or last, depending on your viewpoint) part of the heatshield is attached to the exhaust. The hose is more or less parralel to where the drain bolt is on the gearbox oil pan, but over toward the passenger side.

I've had this car from new and have never seen this before. Does anyone know what this is please?

I'll try and get a photo. Thanks for any help.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,942 Posts

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Bobby,

Weird thing is, I haven't had the AC on for a few days. I wonder if there was a backlog in there? The puddle on the floor is in the general area where the AC normally drips but I didn't think it was that as I haven't had it on.

·
Administrator
40,942 Posts
The automatic climate control will run the A/C, even when it's not selected, depending where the climate control setting is set.

Other possibility is that there was a blockage in that drain tube & it just unplugged? :confused:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

Reactions: ForesterCub

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The only other thing that's different the last few days is that the weather has got much cooler. I wonder if the change in atmospherics has somehow caused this discharge of water?

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I don't have auto climate in my car, but thanks for your help and input Bobby.

·
Administrator
40,942 Posts
The A/C can be run if you set the climate control to defog or defrost. If you run the climate control on auto, that could also run the A/C as needed to remove excess cabin moisture.

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
863 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hugs, Bobby.

It seems it most likely is the AC drain hose. It just freaked me out because I have never seen it do that before without having had the AC on. I calmed down a bit once I knew it was defo H20 and not coolant, it didn't have that coolant colour nor the fishy / automotive smell that coolant has.

I've just got over my sinuses draining, I think my car is copying me.

Thanks again for your kind help.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts