Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This morning my wife went to have our 05 Forester inspected. It failed because my wife could not get the parking lights to come on, everything else works fine.

I am at work so I asked her to hit the emergency button on the remote entry, the parking lights flashed so I know they are functional.

Anyone have any ideas???... Possibly the headlight switch???? I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get.

·
Registered
2005 Forester
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
does the battery kill switch turn them on still? If it does you should've tried that during the inspection. It's the button on the top of the steering column in case you were wondering.
I had her try that, all it did was shut off the headlights, Nothing else.

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
6 Posts
Parking Lights

Is it that mysterious switch on the top of the steering wheel column? There is a toggle switch up there that seems to serve no purpose, but I believe it is for the parking lights that you are talking about. Usually people have the opposite problem - they can't figure out how to turn their lights off, but it sounds like this might be what you are looking for.

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,966 Posts
I'd go with Ferret's suggestion. That switch is a bit more complicated than simply on/off. It can fail in mysterious ways.

The amber lights that blink from the remote are the directionals/hazards, not the parking lights. Parking lights are white in front and simply the tail lights in rear. They should come on in positions 2 and 3 (1=off) of the headlight stalk, and when the 'battery kill switch' is on (red line visible).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts