Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2005 Forester
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This morning my wife went to have our 05 Forester inspected. It failed because my wife could not get the parking lights to come on, everything else works fine.

I am at work so I asked her to hit the emergency button on the remote entry, the parking lights flashed so I know they are functional.

Anyone have any ideas???... Possibly the headlight switch???? I would greatly appreciate all the help I can get.

·
Registered
1999 Forester S
6 Posts
Parking Lights

Is it that mysterious switch on the top of the steering wheel column? There is a toggle switch up there that seems to serve no purpose, but I believe it is for the parking lights that you are talking about. Usually people have the opposite problem - they can't figure out how to turn their lights off, but it sounds like this might be what you are looking for.

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
21,783 Posts
I'd go with Ferret's suggestion. That switch is a bit more complicated than simply on/off. It can fail in mysterious ways.

The amber lights that blink from the remote are the directionals/hazards, not the parking lights. Parking lights are white in front and simply the tail lights in rear. They should come on in positions 2 and 3 (1=off) of the headlight stalk, and when the 'battery kill switch' is on (red line visible).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.