Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at work we have parallell parking behind the shopping complex I work at. There's very limited spaces available, maybe 10 maximum and if you don't get one you gotta park a block away.

I usually end up taking the last one and recently, some girl who works at a different store and goes to my school found out it was my car, got my phone number and told me not to park there because it's "her spot." I laughed and said no, and she keeps doing it, wether it's messages on Facebook or texts and I'm about to put some C4 on her car and blow it up so she won't have parking problems. :icon_biggrin:

Just wanted to share this (not really complaining lol); if you guys have similar stories, I'd be interested to hear them!

·
Registered
2001 Forester
1,140 Posts
I was in a tight spot at church one time and came out after mass only to have some crazy old dude yell at me because he had been waiting (all of 5 mins) to get in his car because I was parked too close. Granted I was close to the lines but still in my spot and he was just as close to his line as I was to mine. He then proceeded to yell at me for like 5 mins during which I got in my car and told him to move so that I could back out and he could leave. Well he walked to the back of my car and tried (yes tried and FAILED) to key my car. I'm not sure how you fail to key a car if you try but he managed it. Anyway, it was kinda annoying at the time but it's funny now.

·
Registered
2004 STI 6MT (2005)
2,934 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Haha yea I did. She's just annoying and thinks she's gonna get some for trying to be funny. Not gonna happen x]

Oh this morning it was icy and this guy was out snowblowing so I ripped the e-brake and did a 180 into a spot (parallel parking remember?) and the look on his face was priceless.

·
aka DMax in Alaska
'06 Mini Cooper S JCW 6MT
786 Posts
I was in a tight spot at church one time and came out after mass only to have some crazy old dude yell at me because he had been waiting (all of 5 mins) to get in his car because I was parked too close. Granted I was close to the lines but still in my spot and he was just as close to his line as I was to mine. He then proceeded to yell at me for like 5 mins during which I got in my car and told him to move so that I could back out and he could leave. Well he walked to the back of my car and tried (yes tried and FAILED) to key my car. I'm not sure how you fail to key a car if you try but he managed it. Anyway, it was kinda annoying at the time but it's funny now.
I think someone missed the message delivered during mass. The guy sounds like a miserable prick.

·
Premium Member
2013 Kia Rio Automatic
1,614 Posts
Tell her she can have the spot every day that she beats you to it. Till then, shut the fluff up! hehe.

This reminds me of:

The older gentleman who followed me into a Home Depot
over a parking spot. He came barreling in with his chest all puffed up and almost
bumped into me with his belly (kinda baseball manager vs. umpire style). When he
realized I wasn't intimidated he kind of wound down a little. I don't get it. I try to avoid
fist fights. Why some people seem to go looking for trouble is beyond me???

·
Smooshed FOTY 2011
2005 Lifted 2.5 XT 5-Speed MT Dual-Range
5,732 Posts
HOh this morning it was icy and this guy was out snowblowing so I ripped the e-brake and did a 180 into a spot (parallel parking remember?) and the look on his face was priceless.
Just wait until you over-estimate the speed a little and slam your rear into the curb.....the look on your face will be priceless when you see how little it takes to bend up everything in the rear. Not really ragging on you, just sharing a little of my own experience. I did the same thing back in high school, and over-shot my old car. $2800 of damage for lightly hitting a curb with the rear tire (and it was FWD). Being the Foz is AWD, I'm sure the damages would be considerably worse.

I guess what I'm getting at is that eventually, s**t happens and it's not cheap. :biggrin: (not to mention it's VERY bad for the tranny to use the e-brake while the car is moving, even at low speeds)

·
Registered
2001 Forester S 5MT
820 Posts
Snoshado: If you aren't already, keep a record of all those contacts from that girl. If your car ends up keyed or damaged in that spot, you can turn over all that proof of harrassment to the police when you file the vandalism report.

·
Registered
2009 Forester XT 4EAT
2,265 Posts
Well he walked to the back of my car and tried (yes tried and FAILED) to key my car. I'm not sure how you fail to key a car if you try but he managed it. Anyway, it was kinda annoying at the time but it's funny now.
I think at that point I would have stopped the car where it was and either A) got out and whipped the old man's Arse (is that legal in here?) and then immediately went back in for confession and a few hundred Hail Mary's. or B) stopped the car where it was, got out, called the cops on my cell phone and further aggrivated the old fart while waiting on a police report for damages (thus making him wait even more time). :chair:

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
I usually park in the same space every day, just because I get here before most other people in the office... and when I park there I can watch my car out my office window all day if I feel so inclined.
It doesn't really bother me if somebody else parks there though... I'm not that narrow minded.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
Aw, Dempsey haz a new gf! cough...stalker...cough

Sounds a bit rapey.

·
Registered
2007 XT - 5MT ELH, EWG, E85, Kinugawa TD06SL 20G 8cm
1,587 Posts
Haha yea I did. She's just annoying and thinks she's gonna get some for trying to be funny. Not gonna happen x]

Oh this morning it was icy and this guy was out snowblowing so I ripped the e-brake and did a 180 into a spot (parallel parking remember?) and the look on his face was priceless.
Awesome, did that late at night at an empty Borders parking lot, only difference is mine was a 360deg, one guy leaving the store almost dropped his latte, the look in his face :confused::icon_frown::huh::rock:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts