1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2008 GRB 20th anniversary 6 MT
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Taken from STI - PARTS NAVI / FORESTER under

SG E type -> Sti -> Body

I am looking at the parts below but can someone shed some light please as google translation in brackets[] and my mechanical skills are not great.

1. What is: ST2031055000 [Hardness up products, because it reinforced rubber. Increases the wear and vehicle vibration and noise.]

2. The item shown below looks like GrpN top mounts? ST203704S020 [Product Hardness Up. Body vibration and noise will increase. The car can not be installed Serufureberaiza.]

3. What is the difference between:
ST4100055110 [Hardness-up products. Bush to strengthen, The car is easier to transmit noise and vibration. For flange mounted turbo car (023810000 part number) requires one to four cars.]

and ST4100055120 [Hardness-up products. Bush to strengthen, The car is easier to transmit noise and vibration. For flange mounted turbo car (023810000 part number) requires one to four cars.]

4. ST410224S030 shown below seems to be a kit comprising of ST4100055110 and ST4100055120 plus an intercooler mount plus something else (what? Is the black mount on the second row a gearbox mount?)
[Hardness up items, set of 4, is developed mainly motorsports parts, allows the use of the street. Vehicle noise and vibration and increases the wear has been adopted to increase strength or reinforced rubber products.]

5. What is the difference between:
ST410224S000 [6MT rubber products for cars hardness up, but developed mainly motorsport parts, can also be used in the street. Vehicle noise and vibration and increases the wear has been adopted to increase strength or reinforced rubber products.]
and ST410224S040 [Products for Group N Hardness to enhance the sport 6MT ST410224S000 Car, is developed mainly motorsport parts, can also be used in the street. Vehicle noise and vibration and increases the wear has been adopted to increase strength or reinforced rubber products.]
I guess ST410224S040 is the GrpN version of ST410224S000 ?

6. What are the items shown below? It looks like an Anti Lift Kit and some bushes (wishbone?) but the price is too cheap to be (525 yen?!) What are the other ancillaries?

ST440314S000 [Hardness up products, but mainly motorsport developed parts is also possible to use the street. Vehicle noise and vibration and increases the wear has been adopted to increase strength or reinforced rubber products.]

Cheers :)

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Alright, well here's what I know on the posted items...

1. no idea, the part number isn't coming up for me.

2. these do appear to be the Group N top-hats. Their part numbers individually are B0310FE000 for the front unit (2 required) and B0310FE012 for the rears (2 required).

3. ST4100055110 is the right side Group N engine mount, while ST4100055120 is the equivalent part for the left side.

4. in the picture from top left to bottom right are:
- Group N transmission crossmember bushings
- Group N pitch stopper engine mount (below intercooler)
- Group N transmission mount
- Group N left engine mount
- Group N right engine mount

5. you would be correct in assuming that the ST410224S040 is the Group N version of ST410224S000, but I can't seem to confirm 100%

6. That appears to include the Group N bushings for all of the suspension components... and the Group N version of the Anti-Lift-Kit, as well as some exhaust hangers?
I can guarantee that's nothing more than the rubber pieces from the picture, but you're right about that price... typo?

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
As per Duderotomy plus............

Item 1&2

ST440314S000 refers to a front strut mount
ST203704S020 refers to rear top mount

Item 6

ST440314S000 relates to the exhaust hangers only (3 shown at top of picture).

Google search is very good :biggrin::biggrin:

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,870 Posts
Most of the parts you looked at are listed on this page..............

NCRALLY Store

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I was put off the Group-N engine mounts by this guys experience:
Advice needed on 321t+ 2.5 forester sti, Thanx - ScoobyNet
He seems pretty hard core, so if he is finding them too harsh then it must be pretty harsh indeed (or could be the big power he is running).
Interesting. I had GrpN engine/gearbox mounts in my 205 Gti and don't remember any extra vibrations from them. OK the car vibrated but to be honest a 205 is hardly a quiet/comfortable car. I can't remember if it was like this before fitting the mounts though.
One thing is that after a few thousand miles they are supposed to get a bit more quiet.

Will the GrpN engine and gearbox mounts and rear Sti diff mount make the gear changes more precise?

It could also be that this guy is running too much power that is causing this as you say.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
If you really want to stiffen things up then use CUSCO mounts. The Group N's are nice but if its performance you want then you can go much stiff. You'll get much more vibration but that's the trade off. Group N's shouldn't be that bad. They also shouldn't soften up after only a few thousand miles.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back to this, previous experience with my 205's shows:

- first 205 GTi had a lower GrpN engine/gearbox mount but standard OEM top engine mounts: no vibrations at all
- last 205 had all 3 GrpN engine mounts: it was vibrating a lot, not recommended for a daily driver

So based on this and my goal being minimising drivetrain movement as my downpipe has only a few mm clearance from the gearbox, would I be better off just replacing the gearbox support mount only and leaving the engine mounts standard?

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
That's what I've always heard - engine mounts fine, gearbox mounts noisy.
My past experience was the other way round.
Engine mounts add vibrations, gearbox mount is OK.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
I did group n motor + trans mounts, and kartboy dog bone mount under the IC all at once. I have some undesirable vibration which I believe the dog bone mount is mostly to blame. I'll be removing it soon and can provide feedback.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I did group n motor + trans mounts, and kartboy dog bone mount under the IC all at once. I have some undesirable vibration which I believe the dog bone mount is mostly to blame. I'll be removing it soon and can provide feedback.
That would be great Alexxi when do you plan to getting that removed? :biggrin:

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
Hey Fivos, I'm hoping to get that done sometime in April once the temperature warms up. I can report back with my findings.

·
Registered
6,570 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
OK, looking forward to it.
I might have fitted the tranny mount by then though :)

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester XT Sports
1,705 Posts
I have Group-N Engine mounts, trans mount and dog bone mount. I have no issues with excessive noise or vibration. I did notice a little bit more noise at first but at this point I have gotten used to it and it has never bothered me.

·
Registered
2005 forester sti 6 speed manual
428 Posts
fitted group-N engine and gearbox mounts to my classic ended up going back to a standard(new one) gearbox mount because of the excesive noise.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts