Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2012 Forester Automatic
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all! First time I got to post! Been lurking for a few weeks! Love this place!

I have a 2012 Forester 2.5X with standard radio, and I just swapped in the audio controls on the steering wheel today and I'm having some issues. Got everything off and installed and back together, thanks to all the great tips I found on here. But after the install, the controls don't work.

I am trying to troubleshoot the problem.

I know they are getting power, as they light up with the lights on. I know that they are connected to the steering column connector, and I know that the Cruise control side works. Only thing that I didn't know, is the connector on the back of the radio not connected by the factory or is there another connector I need to connect?

I got the controls off ebay, from a totaled 2012, and they sent the whole steering wheel, and I just swapped it from there, so it might be a bad set of controls, however the cruise works so I'm a little at a loss. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

·
Registered
2012 Forester Automatic
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Base model radio, with 6 disc changer.

No mute button.

I also noticed when driving just now that my horn isn't working, as I had to splice the horn wire, I'm assuming my splice-job didn't work, don't think that would be the main culprit for the audio controls.

I also took out the stereo, and all the wires were connected in the back. I know the bluetooth controls won't work, but it would be great to be able to use the audio controls...also, would this stereo be the replacement that does have bluetooth, if I wanted to upgrade it?

Car Radio Single CD Player MP3 USB Aux Cable Fit for Subaru Forester 2012 | eBay

1 - 3 of 3 Posts