Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2000 Forester
43 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. So I made a deal with my dad that if I fixed the tranny on his Forester, he would trade me my Protege for his Forester. The only thing is, he doesn't like the performance difference. I know I'll never be able to get 2.5L performance out of a 1.6L engine but what do you suggest I do? Torque is a big thing. Got the tranny fixed today and he's starting to back down on his end of the bargain, thanks in advance! I MUST HAVE THE SUBY!

·
Premium Member
12 Premium 5-speed
4,486 Posts
Hand him an invoice for the parts and labor.

·
Registered
2005 Impreza RS Wagon Auto
3,658 Posts
Hey all. So I made a deal with my dad that if I fixed the tranny on his Forester, he would trade me my Protege for his Forester. The only thing is, he doesn't like the performance difference. I know I'll never be able to get 2.5L performance out of a 1.6L engine but what do you suggest I do? Torque is a big thing. Got the tranny fixed today and he's starting to back down on his end of the bargain, thanks in advance! I MUST HAVE THE SUBY!
Hire a hitman. :chair:

·
Casper reincarnated
2,245 Posts
Just steal it.

:biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin: :biggrin:

·
Registered
2009 Forester X Premium
3,091 Posts
Sell the Protege and Get your Own Forester! :starwars: :bananapowerslide:

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Forester XT 5 speed manual.
741 Posts
Sell the Protege and Get your Own Forester! :starwars: :bananapowerslide:
:chair:

No seriously, do that, but have him pay you for the work+parts then to help with your Forester purchase!. :)

·
Premium Member
2019 Crosstrek 2018 XT
14,380 Posts
I can't imagine a parent doing this to his kid. You will need to be the responsible parent here and remind him of the deal.

·
Registered
2004 Subaru Forester XT 5 speed manual.
741 Posts
Or, you could just tell him you can undo what you did. ;)

1 - 10 of 10 Posts