• Work RS'

Votes: 11 55.0%
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im being my usual self and cant make up my mind. i recently got new wheels for my track setup, they are flat black 17x9 rota dpts (thanks wheeldude!). now i need to choose lugs... i know i want red to go w/ my theme and now it comes down to these two that i have a fancy for.

5zigens pro extended

or

work rs' regular length

and they are going on these!

thanks in advance!

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
I like the 5zigens. "Try harder" lol. And, those say "Racing Nut" on them, that's just too cool.

Stan

·
Registered
2004 XT
3,203 Posts
i like the works, they are simpler. the 5zigen's would take away from the wheels. aren't the dpts work xd9 knock offs. therefore the works would work better

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Why not 18x9?:biggrin:

I had red volk lugs on gunmettalic & bronze rims, and it clashed with the gold of the car..
Even though I dont have extended studs, I dont need open end lugs..but they seem to look better (less surface area/flashyness?)...I say 5zigen!!!

Keep in mind that these are softer (alum) and have a chance of nicking, cross threading, especially if you pull wheels off on a regular basis. I am a fan of the Muteki's as of late...especially b/c of price, and they are harder metal.

BTW vinny, DPT't are rep's of the ce28 IIRC.

·
Registered
2008 FSXT M/T
4,167 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Why not 18x9?:biggrin:

Keep in mind that these are softer (alum) and have a chance of nicking, cross threading, especially if you pull wheels off on a regular basis. I am a fan of the Muteki's as of late...especially b/c of price, and they are harder metal.
i chose the 17x9s for weight reasons only. 18x9s are awesome and fill up the forester wheel wells better, i love yours but this is a track setup. im not a fan of the mutekis, i have the sr48 open ends, and they rusted right up.

there also another choice i left out of the poll because the other have bling factor but the mxp duramin lugs are descent also.

they are all basically the same price also, $130 for the mxp/works and $150 for the 5zigens.

every1 has valid points and opinions, keep em coming!

·
Premium Member
2004 FSTI automatic
2,643 Posts
Yeah..I guess open end metal will rust huh? Well either/or, everyone should be periodically lubing their studs...alum. lugs or not.

I was joshing bout the size..:icon_wink: I will endup replaceing my 17x7.5 summer/track set, once I burn up the re-01r's....maybe with a 17x9.5.

I haven't seen those lugs above...they seem good. Czech these out..Not alot of them around, but Syms green is so JDM y0!!! And looks like gold is avail too.

Attachments

·
Registered
2005 Sequoia, V70R auto
2,869 Posts
open ended! I have the muteki open ended ones in black and they are darn light. So, I vote for 5zigens.

·
Premium Member
2008 FSXT 4EAT
4,143 Posts
I went with some (relatively) inexpensive Nippon Racing lugs from eBay. They work just fine and look good. :) (Heck, I trust them to keep my PFF7s from flying off :icon_wink: )

·
Registered
02 Foz 4eat
5,536 Posts
Why not Rays?

And why not look at used lugs? In all honesty, they're going to get nick's and scratches anyways.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts