• Magnaflow Stainless #14832

Votes: 1 33.3%
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Scion xB
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
My problem is I am horribly indecisive when it comes to everything and options drive me crazy. It might be why I change golf clubs constantly. At first I wanted a Blitz Nur Spec, but I realized the droning would drive me crazy. At last I am torn on many muffler options. A good buddy tells me to go with the Borla's, but I am utterly confused.

Option 1: ProXS Muffler part # 400488]Borla
Option 2: Megan Racing]Megan Racing
Option 3: MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles]Magnaflow Canister
Option 4: MagnaFlow Exhaust Products - For Trucks, Suv's, American Muscle, Diesel, & Sport Compact Vehicles]Magnaflow Universal

·
Registered
2014 forester cvt
109 Posts
Are you changing the muffler for performance or do you just want it to sound louder? The Forester 2.5 seems like a strange vehicle to add a performance muffler to. But hey. I get it. If it were my money I would go with the Borla.

·
Registered
2010 Scion xB
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
Just mainly sound. I could care less about the performance. If I wanted a sports car I would have bought something entirely different. New one's are getting too big and bulky. Plus, I never get above 75 so there might as well be a governor on the car. Nothing like have a little bit of that Subaru rumble. I miss my truck...

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
1,359 Posts
I had a magnaflow street series muffler on my 02' Maxima and loved it.....had a very nice deep burble to it and that wasn't even a boxer....it was similar to the 14832# above......

I currently have the Nameless axleback 5" mufflers on my XT now.....sounds great.....

·
Registered
2010 Scion xB
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
How well did the Nameless axle back bolt up? Is it from the WRX 4 door model? Been looking at them, but wondering how loud the 4" mufflers will be.

·
Registered
2015 XT premium The one without the fun pedal
831 Posts
How well did the Nameless axle back bolt up? Is it from the WRX 4 door model? Been looking at them, but wondering how loud the 4" mufflers will be.
The Nameless axle back bolts right up, sounds great, and is top shelf quality. It's also made right here in Washington state! When Eugene Utopia can get our meet put together, I'll gladly let you hear it in person to help with your decision.:Banane35:

·
Registered
2014 Forester XT CVT
1,359 Posts
They are direct fit (the one I have is specifically for the 14 XT) however I believe other years/wrx models will also fit. As far as loudness... I believe the 4 " is louder but I really don't find the 5" to be loud anyway....

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2010 Scion xB
1,055 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I wish I could make the Seattle meet up, but stuck working that day it looks like. If it is 2/28-3/2 then I am definitely going to be working a trade show.

·
Registered
2014 Forester & STI 6 Speed Manual
116 Posts
I would like to know too. I'm looking just for muffler or axelback just so I can hear the engine. Ha. Does Nameless carry the single Axelback for the 2.5i?

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Prem 6sp Manual
802 Posts
I went with the MagnaFlow muffler and cut out the resonator. It's definitely louder than factory, but not obnoxiously so. I also had the factory tip welded on to the MagnaFlow muffler, so the look is completely factory.
I've been very happy with this set-up.

·
Registered
116 Posts
Which magnaflow did you go with? Any chance you can give the inlet size/dimension muffler to look for? Sound clips?

·
Registered
116 Posts
That sounds great!! ^^^^ Looks like thru eBay you can grab it for $85 shipped! Figure bout $100 in install cost. Any comparison to the 11234 to the OPs 14832 that is listed in the above poll?

·
Registered
2014 Forester 2.5i Prem 6sp Manual
802 Posts
That sounds great!! ^^^^ Looks like thru eBay you can grab it for $85 shipped! Figure bout $100 in install cost. Any comparison to the 11234 to the OPs 14832 that is listed in the above poll?
Thanks!
I never get tired of it...at idle, it's barely noticeable, but it comes alive under acceleration.
The muffler shop in my town charged me a total of $200 (cash)for the muffler, installation and resonator delete. It took him about 45min from start to finish.
The 14832 looks like a different series and has centered inlet/outlet ports, which will require a bit more work at install.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts