Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I finally sold my wife's Kia and now we are about to become a two Fozzy family. I found an 04 xt for a pretty good deal, but it's about two hundred miles away. What questions should I ask to maybe get some info before driving down there? I already know about maintenance questions and the like. More than anything else, I don't know much about the turbos yet. Are there any specific things I should watch out for? The car has 92K miles on it, so I know timing belt is due soon. I will use this as a bargaining tool. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Official sf.org decal guy
2006 FXT
12,516 Posts
Well, I finally sold my wife's Kia and now we are about to become a two Fozzy family. I found an 04 xt for a pretty good deal, but it's about two hundred miles away. What questions should I ask to maybe get some info before driving down there? I already know about maintenance questions and the like. More than anything else, I don't know much about the turbos yet. Are there any specific things I should watch out for? The car has 92K miles on it, so I know timing belt is due soon. I will use this as a bargaining tool. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
Got any pictures?

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I can't mention where it's at exactly because the last one I found got bought out from under me after asking questions here.:biggrin: I'm gonna play this one close until I can actually look at it.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I found a bone stock one, except for yakima rack and a hitch, for $9000 with 92k on the clock. Oh, and no smog laws here either.

·
Registered
2011 CT200h/E90 M3
660 Posts
Hondaslayer's car is sweet, but 1/2 the fun is buying it bone stock and building it up yourself. So you can say it's actually yours. That's my opinion anyway.

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Back to the question if I may. Anything special I need to look at with the xt?

·
Registered
2005 Base 2.5x foz
896 Posts
Also make sure the car has good records, some people forget when they look at a car that looks nice. Even if the outside's perfect the inside could be bad. Make sure it's been generally well taken care of, had it's major services done, and been maintained properly. Otherwise, they're good reliable cars and I'm sure you'll love it!

·
Registered
2015 VW Golf R (AWD!) DSG (Automated Manual)
2,199 Posts
Casually ask him if he's particular with where he buys his gas, see if he runs 93 in it every single fill-up. If the seller acts like running less than 93 is not big deal, he doesn't care about the car or isn't smart enough to care for it properly.

Very small chance that you would happen to get that out of someone, but nonetheless...

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,458 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
:icon_frown:Well, finally got a chance to get down to miami today. Called the dealer to make sure car was still available first. They gave up on it and took it to the auction this morning.:icon_mad: I found out what auction and called them to see when the car was going through and was in formed that it had just sold.:icon_cry: Day late and a dollar short. 04 xt clean FL car for less than $9000, and it's not mine.:mob: The search continues. Probably won't get an xt now though.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts