Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Help ID'ing Plug on Forester - Never Mind-Thanks

EDIT: Engine started and no CELs, so I think it was extra.

Hi,

1998 Forester S - 5-speed

I'm reinstalling the engine and failed to label the plug circled below. I can't find its mate (it might be unused). It's on the 5-speed's bellhousing near where the 3 big, main plugs connect.

Thanks,

TD

·
Premium Member
2008 Forester X Premium 5MT
8,070 Posts
I want to say it goes to the coolant temp sensor on the coolant crossover pipe, but I may be wrong.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I want to say it goes to the coolant temp sensor on the coolant crossover pipe, but I may be wrong.
The coolant temp is accounted for. Thanks for the reply.
TD

·
Registered
2007 Mitsubishi Pajero 5spd Automatic
3,572 Posts
If it was not in the wrong spot I'd say looks like the plug that sits on the alternator :shrug:

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
How long are the wires?

Where can they reach?

Maybe 2" from where they come out of the harness - 2 wires:white and black w/white stripe.

BUT I got everything connected and started it up no CEL, so I think it was 'extra'.

Thanks

·
Don, King of the parts diagram
MY11 WRX STi Sedan 6MT
5,869 Posts
From the wire colors and the position its possibly the AWD Lo indicator switch connection (on the transmission) for the AWD Lo indicator light.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT 4EAT
1,305 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
From the wire colors and the position its possibly the AWD Lo indicator switch connection (on the transmission) for the AWD Lo indicator light.
Thanks for the reply....I was thinking UK/JDM/Aussie as they got dual-range transmissions w/the EJ-series engines - the USDM did not.

Td

1 - 9 of 9 Posts