Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1998 Forester
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I actually live in Switzerland and no one could answer my question. I hope you guys could.

In fact I have a 98-99 forester turbo and i wanna know if Impreza's(GT98-99)supension fits on my forester. I wanna make my forester sort of JDM, and make it lower. Actually in switzerland, i couldn't find (real) forester supension (i mean lower than the origine).

Once again, sorry for my english i hope you'll understand

best regard

Alban

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
Hi Alban, I love Switzerland, probably the only place where Foresters out number Impreza's, loads round Pontrasina when I've been testing there.

S-turbo is 99MY onwards, not 98MY.

The Impreza GT suspension will fit if you replace the rear top mounts with the ones from your Forester, it will lower the car by about 2.5", but you'll need wagon springs as the heavier rear of the Forester will cause it to sit very low at the rear (known as butt sag on here) with 4 door parts.

Simon

·
Registered
1998 Forester
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
haha yep In here we are all loving the 5 stars car brand!!

thanks for the information about de MY.

and lota thanks for the answer!

all the best

Alban

·
Registered
99 UK S-turbo
8,566 Posts
No probs, all the best....

To add, most people use newage WRX parts (4 door struts and wagon springs) as the springs are a little stiffer and better suited to the heavier Foz, they give about a 2" drop.

Simon

·
Registered
1998 Forester
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hum, just a lil'precision, if i put like say rookie, GT suspension, if these suspension are lower(-4) it will make de forester too low no? (cauz' -4 and-2" it will be to much?)

And u mean that WRX supension will fit better because of the weight of the forester?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts