2008 Forester XT (CDN)
Edit: got it started like 2 hours later, I'm such a worry wart.
So yesterday I installed my new Kenwood head unit. I used the wiring harness from Crutchfield, wired it all proper, solder/heatshrink, etc. It worked great.
Woke up today, it still worked great, and the car started fine. Went out with it all day.
Tonight, I took off the driver door panel installed my new Polk db651 door speaker. The install went fine....
But the whole time (roughly 2 hours) I was out there, I had the keys in on position, and the music playing. Now the car wont start.
I first noticed the music cut in/out when I was rolling the window up/down checking for cable clearance. The window would hit the top, and the music would cut out. Then the window started going all slow-like. I tried to start the car and it just went "click click click...."
So my questions: How long can you have music playing and keys in on position before killing the battery? Do you think it is the battery? Do I need to buy a new battery?
I'm 100% that the wiring harness for the HU was done properly. Every wire on the Subaru harness was matched to the corresponding function/color of the Kenwood one. So I don't think it is the HU killing the battery somehow.