Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

41 - 60 of 66 Posts
G

·
OK, so I unknowingly tripped the switch that kept my parking lights on. Disconnected my battery until I learned what the problem was. But now, after turning off the switch and reconnecting my battery, my dashboard, parking and brake lights continually blink (but at a rate slower than the emergency flasher, which I made sure was not on). So now what?

·
Registered
1999 Forester S 5-Speed Manual
217 Posts
OK, so I unknowingly tripped the switch that kept my parking lights on. Disconnected my battery until I learned what the problem was. But now, after turning off the switch and reconnecting my battery, my dashboard, parking and brake lights continually blink (but at a rate slower than the emergency flasher, which I made sure was not on). So now what?
Press the UNLOCK button on your remote.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
2005 Forester X and XT Manual and Auto
1,046 Posts
I had this happen about a year after i got the car. We did a six hour drive up to Snowshoe WV, once i got the car unloaded and was ready to lock it up and walk away i noticed my parking lights were on. Took me a good 10 minutes to figure out what the hell was going on lol.

·
Registered
2015 Forester Premium automatic
23 Posts
amber parking and taillights stay on???

I have a 1998 Forester model L. It has suddenly decided to keep the Amber parking and the Tail lights on?? All lights are turned off on the light stalk. Makes no difference where you have light controls, these lights stay on. I have the time control set as short as possible. I have disconnected the battery to see if the system would reset, but no success.
HELP ???????????????

·
Registered
23 Posts
Sorry about that but that is the 4 way emergency flasher switch. All four corners flash with that control is on!

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
Sorry about that but that is the 4 way emergency flasher switch. All four corners flash with that control is on!
It shouldn't be, from what I can find.

The hazard lights should be on the center console, above the radio. The red button in this photo above the climate control knob:

Most vehicles, particularly US made, have the hazard light switch on the steering column. Not the case with Subaru.

·
Administrator
2004 Forester XT Premium 4EAT
29,432 Posts
No, the emergency flasher switch is on the dash under the center vents. Your parking lights are now flashing because you've reset the battery. Lock and unlock once with the remote, if you have one. If not, you can look for the reset button on the wiring harness of the keyless module under the dash, or - easiest method - disconnect the negative terminal from the battery, turn ignition to "ON" position, and reconnect the battery terminal.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Yes I was aware of this silly switch BUT the switch is pushed to the front and that is supposed to be off right?? The lights still stay on but a clicking sound like a timer is heard coming from the instrument panel but the lights are constant??
The emergency flasher control still works OK.
When the parking light switch on the top side of the column is engaged all the corner lights flash but in a dimmer mode than when the emergency flasher is engaged?
Just started today so have not fooled with it very much. I disconnected the battery a few times to see if things would reset but NO. I guess I will just popm the hood and pull the battery cable until I figure out something.

·
Premium Member
2014 Forester XT Touring CVT
12,780 Posts
Yes I was aware of this silly switch BUT the switch is pushed to the front and that is supposed to be off right?? The lights still stay on but a clicking sound like a timer is heard coming from the instrument panel but the lights are constant??
Pushed to the front is when you have them on. (See photos in the first post of this thread for clarification)

The reason your lights are now flashing is answered in the post above yours, since I have now merged these threads.

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,341 Posts
When it's pushed to the front, the red bar shows back toward the driver. That's your clue, your only clue.

·
Registered
01 Forester Ltd
1,078 Posts
Try locking and unlocking the doors with your remote ,, i think you have activated the panic alert. That may reset it.

·
Registered
23 Posts
THANK YOU O buddy that seemed to do the trick. that was an aggravating little bugger Hope is stays off!!!! I must have bumped it but don't know when but will watch it!!!
NAPA 1

·
Administrator
2016 & 2018 2.5i Premium CVT
19,341 Posts
Resetting the trip odometer, dusting off the instrument panel. It happens all the time. As above, welcome to the club.

·
Registered
2003 Forester Automatic
1 Posts
Yay!

Thank goodness this is here! Thank goodness I know how to internet! Too bad I don't know how to car...

41 - 60 of 66 Posts