Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, not the way I wanted to start my Sunday but teh FXT gave me a headache.

The car turned over and almost started but died. It is not a battery/starter issue. It seems like it ran out of gas.

Thoughts?

It did start there after but I am curious/concerned.

Thanks

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
You have an 09 with full warranty, don't mess with it and make it worse. Have the dealership figure it out. Could be something as simple as dead fuel pump. Will turn over but no fuel to ignite.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Sounds like what the immobilizer does when the chip isn't close enough to the reader.

·
Registered
09 XT
448 Posts
do you have a speedpass or anything on your keys... mine wont start if the speedpass gets to close when trying to turn over.

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,039 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I have a speedpass.

No security light. I only use one key unless at hotel then they get the valet.
3/4 tank of gas. Worked fine getting me to the airport. I'll have them look at it when they fix my faulty gas tank gauge.

Any ideas for a tool to read codes? Cheap

·
Registered
1998 Forester
39 Posts
Scantool possibilities

I have an Innova that I bought at Cantire, about 5 years ago. I think it was $95 on sale. It reads and does clearing as well a bunch of other stuff. Works well and has saved me a ton of cash since the going rate to read codes by even an indie garage costs about $85 per visit.

There are lesser priced units as well, some available from Princess Auto as well as Cantire. I would recommend buying one, if for no other reason than just to keep the service guys honest......

·
admin
2019 3.6R & 98 Forester Atlanta, GA
7,250 Posts

·
Premium Member
2004 Forester 4EAT
5,462 Posts
Don't know about up there, but most auto parts stores will read and clear codes for free here. When I ask my local Advance Auto to read my codes, they just hand me the reader and let me do it myself.

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
It was the Esso Speedpass
well done Graham
no charge
Really ? Should report this to Esso. I guess the sender in your car is triggering the speedpass, sees it as non-compliant and an attempt to steal car. Would be a good prank to play on someone, I'll keep that in mind :L )

1 - 20 of 20 Posts