Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2006 forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi there... hoping i can get some help here.

driving a 06 XT model overseas (left side steering) with HID xenon headlights.

the right (passenger's side) is broke and i have been looking for one to buy; however, i can't seem to find any!

every website i look for gives me the Halogen assembly which is entirely different... :-?

a phone call to a subaru dealer revealed that i must have a VIN number to inquire for the part - which i can't provide since mine is overseas and won't be serviced :(

a phone call to a subaru-parts dealer came with the assertion that the headlight on my FXT is canadian and none exist in the States... :-0

so what the heck? how can i find an HID assembly for my FXT?

help from anyone will be much appreciated!

·
Registered
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
156 Posts
http://opposedforces.com/parts/forester/us_s11/type_7/electronic/head_lamp/illustration_3/ here are some part numbers for the headlamps you are looking for. Looks like part number 84001SA601 is the one you need (HID, 08, Right side)

http://www.subarupartsforyou.com/cp_partdetail.php?partid=12605 has it for $649.

So let me get this straight -- you are driving an overseas model XT, but you are currently in the United States? Is your vehicle here in the states? Kind of confusing what you are trying to do, since if you are still "overseas" you could just contact a Subaru dealer there, and they should be able to get it for you. But if you brought your car here, then that makes more sense. You could try ordering the right part number or getting it from Canada.

·
Registered
2006 forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So let me get this straight -- you are driving an overseas model XT, but you are currently in the United States? Is your vehicle here in the states? Kind of confusing what you are trying to do, since if you are still "overseas" you could just contact a Subaru dealer there, and they should be able to get it for you. But if you brought your car here, then that makes more sense. You could try ordering the right part number or getting it from Canada.
1. thanx for the quick response.
2. i am 'still overseas' :) - and yup, they got the headlight here, but they want $1750 for it. :-(o) !!!
3. i looked at the links you posted and the first one might be it but it looks just like this standard headlamp (see web picture i found and attached ), while mine is distinctly different (see attached picture of my own headlamp). the second link shows a headlamp that i think is also different from mine... sheesh!

what are the steps you propose, i should take to locate my particular headlamp? thanx again...

Attachments

·
Registered
none none
8,844 Posts
The LHD HID headlights were only available in canada and possibly some parts of europe and are VERY expensive.

The HID lamp on that black FXT looks like one of the JDM headlamps,

·
Registered
2006 forester
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Super thanx!

The LHD HID headlights were only available in canada and possibly some parts of europe and are VERY expensive.

The HID lamp on that black FXT looks like one of the JDM headlamps,
You are right. Found a thread [called "EDM Forester HID Lights - What are they worth?"] with headlamps that look just like mine - the LHD HID .... (i can't add the link, since i don't have 15 posts, yet :/ ) but here's the picture (attached).

hmmm... so i should start look for one in Canadian/European sites? okey dokey! will start the web search... thanx!

Attachments

1 - 5 of 5 Posts