Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2004 XT
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Not sure why but after I unmarried my Cobb AP I am getting a CEL and flashing cruise light. I have already checked that the green test harness is unplugged. It was fine for a 5 mile drive yesterday, then sat all night and was fine for 1/2 my drive to work this morning. its not the gas cap, i checked that too. I dont have the AP with me to find out what the CEL code is but does anyone have any ideas? I need to know because have to bring my car in to subaru service tomorrow!

·
Premium Member
2,132 Posts
Do you have a cat in your exhaust? It's probably the rear O2 sensor code if you don't have. The Cobb map surpresses this code I think.

pjman said:
Not sure why but after I unmarried my Cobb AP I am getting a CEL and flashing cruise light. I have already checked that the green test harness is unplugged. It was fine for a 5 mile drive yesterday, then sat all night and was fine for 1/2 my drive to work this morning. its not the gas cap, i checked that too. I dont have the AP with me to find out what the CEL code is but does anyone have any ideas? I need to know because have to bring my car in to subaru service tomorrow!

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
ZuMBLe said:
Do you have a cat in your exhaust? It's probably the rear O2 sensor code if you don't have. The Cobb map surpresses this code I think.
That's what I'm thinking too. Even if you have a catted DP there is a good chance it will throw a CEL.

·
Registered
2004 XT
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
yes. I have a high flow cat. the o2 sensor is in there. i wonder what i should do? just re-install the AP and bring it to the dealer? my issue is unrelated to the AP. I just need some grease in the bushings and for them to check out a strut. I would just like for it to be covered under my warranty IF AT ALL POSSIBLE!

·
The Modfather
2019 Impreza 5dr Sport - Manual
8,052 Posts
If it's just that problem I'd say put the AP back. Chances are slim they will check the ECU.

·
Registered
1,310 Posts
You can always get a cel fix so you don't run into this again. All it is is a adapter that makes the sensor not sit as far into the exhaust so it doesn't get all the heat. (Very confusing. Sorry)

I'm sure someone else can hook you up with a pic so you can see what I'm talking about.

Bland...

·
Registered
2004 XT
432 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cool thanks! i already dropped it off. i went to check the CEL code but since i uninstalled the AP i couldnt do it. so i just installed it again last night and brought it to them this am. i figured that they have no reason to check the ECU except for curiousity when they see my sway bars, STI intercooler etc.... but oh well.

thanks for the info. i will likely get the adapter if i need to take it back to them again some day. thanks again for all your help. this site is the best thing to ever hit the subaru forester community! im SOOOOOOOOO glad that i found it and for all administrators for keeping it up and running. thanks again!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts