Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, so had to have valves replaced on cylinder 3. Got the car back and engine warning light still somes on and misfires om c.3. I was told it needed a new coil. So I put a new one in and it still misfired. Took it back to the garage who did the valve job and they guy messed around for about 2 hours and then changed the plugs (they had only done about 200 miles so assumed they was ok) but it seemed when the original misfire was there it screwed the plug over so all was ok when he replaced the plug. Until this morining....

Every cold start it makes a funny noise when I drive off, like a wurling noise. It cuts out still and has a loss of power if I put my foot down. It used to do this before I had it fixed (apart from the funny wurling noise) and thought it was the damages valves (had no compression before it was 'fixed') that was causing so was expexcting this not to happen anymore.
I now also have an oil leak and they say its a seperate job, crank gasket or something. They say they never touched that bit to change the valves.

Going to ring them when they open as it was an expensive job and im pretty f'd off.

Any recomendations on what the problem could be? Sometimes when I'm driving it sounds like there is a suction noise when I accelerate yet I have not seen any unconnected hoses.

·
Registered
2015 Forester X 6MT 6-Gear Manual
1,373 Posts
Try another garage. Obvously they are not good at what they do. Sounds like you may have and exhaust leak, a vacuum leak and maybe a misadjusted timing or other belt tensioner.

·
Registered
2003 Forester XT
500 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
took it back yesterday and went out with the guy so he could run a diagnostics on it. Only to find out all he was trying to do was read the error codes when they came up!

Anyhoo it came back on after resetting it after about 10 miles of driving and got worse. really shuddering and a lose in power. He kept saying it could be an injector but it runs of gas and so the petrol injectors are not used. He really didn't understand that.
Anyhoo we had it on petrol at the time and both on petrol and gas it had the same problems even switching it over you could see no difference. Yet he was still on about wanted to swap injectors over. Got back to the garage it it was showing o2 sensor and evg? valve error codes. So I guess the lamba sensor could be out now which I guess would explain the cuttin out in the mornings as the fuel mixture will be to rich?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts