Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2004 forester at
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all, found this forum (noob here) and figured I would post my no start issue in hopes of a possible answer. I used to work in a sube shop (many moons ago) so I'm no stranger to working on them. Now to the problem:
There is no spark, no injector pulse shown on a noid light and no CEL or codes? I started by replacing the crankshaft pos. Sensor assuming there was no timing signal going to the ecu... Still no change. Even after charging the battery overnight it seems to crank slowly, but the terminals are clean, pos. @ starter is clean& tight, as is the main ground @ top rear of engine block. Even with a jump box it seems to crank slowly. The slow starter is a separate issue as I have also tried using an aux batt. On the positive feed to the distribution block providing a known 12.9v to the ecu thinking the voltage drop from a bunk starter ma y be dropping voltage too low for the ecu to function properly...

Any ideas (other than or replacing the ecu)? Is the ecu prone to failure for this MY?

Thanks in advance,
Nick

·
Registered
2004 forester at
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Well, never mind... Turns out the slow starter was part of the same problem: the real problem is the engine CANT be turned over by hand :( I'm guessing there's a spun bearing.

Thanks anyway!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts