Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
Subaru Forester XT 2014 - Forester 2010 Diesel
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've found the forum incredibly helpful, thanks for that!

I live on the Isle of Skye and have a 2014 XT and a 2010 diesel. After many years with Land rovers, I bought the diesel Forester from a neighbour for a change, they'd had it for around 3 years, no issues. Of course, I get it, injector failed, fixed, then diesel runaway. Engine starts, but it's smoking and has a wee knock. Just because the car is in such excellent condition and after having the engine out three times now, I might as well get it out again and strip it. If I can't put it right due to being a Euro4 (not worth financially buying a short engine for the crank) I'll work something else out, but I'll get it up and going again at some point. I'd just fit another engine if they weren't ridiculous financialy. I was offered a 120k engine for £4500 :-DDD

When the diesel died, I went and bought the XT from a dealer. Love it! I couldn't imagine driving anything else now.

Anyway, good to say hello after months of reading info from the threads...

Billy

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,921 Posts
@Filterjar welcome to the forum from Oregon!

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

1 - 6 of 6 Posts