Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
2003 Forester
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, my name's Rick. I live in Western Kentucky. My wife and I just bought a cayenne red 2003 Forester XS Premium. This thing is SUPER nice.

That's her car primarily. My car is a 1998 Impreza Outback Sport. I'm hoping within the next year or two I'll be able to upgrade to a WRX, though.

We traded our old '96 GMC Sonoma for the Forester. We have a little one due this summer, and my car is small, obnoxiously loud, and a five speed with no cruise control. The Sonoma was a regular cab, five speed, and had no working AC. I have family in Chicago, and we needed something bigger and comfy for traveling with our new growing family. No cruise in my Impreza isn't too bad, but the stop and go in the city while getting out to the 'burb my mom lives in is literally the only time I've EVER wished my car was an automatic... Plus with just the two of us, a cooler, and a suit case, the Impreza gets cramped quickly.

Anyway, here's a few pictures of the new Forester and my OBS. I'll try to get around to doing a Suby family picture sometime after I can find the time to wash the winter off of the Outback...

well... never mind on the pictures.... I'm too much of a newbie to be allowed to do so...

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,088 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Thanks for posting up pictures! :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome to truly a great forum. You've already attained a wealth of knowledge with your OBS that translates well here.

Look around there's lot's of great Sticky's in the Forums that will save you some time searching and provide some valuable information, so spend a little time browsing when you can.

Should you be inclined you can also add your vehicle info to your Signature, that way it shows up with every post you make. Just go into your User CP, Edit Signature and add info like year/model/trans and you can even add the OBS in there and you're good to go.

Visit often and enjoy

·
Registered
2003 Forester
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks guys! One thing I was wondering if is the same or similar on the Forester is the exterior lighting diagrams. After driving the Forester at night for the first time, with the brights on and off, I think I want to do the fog light mod so they stay on with the brights. I know it's relatively simple on an Impreza, and I know the Forester and Impreza share their platform....

I will definitely look around at some of the stickies and DIYs when I have a little more time.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts