Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
04 FXT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, I picked a 04 fxt after ahwile of searching. The car was a little more abused than I would've liked. It had a aftermarket downpipe that i removed and put my stock dp from my sti on. It also had a manual boost controller, which i also removed. On my drive home I got the p0011 cel code, with searching thru this site I removed the filters in the banjo bolts, and have not got the code again. Then the boost was low, the problem was when i removed the boost controller i also removed the restictor pill. And also thru searching thru this site got the info i needed. I found the pill installed it only to overboost, figured out it was a sti pill. I got the right pill from subaru and installed it, now im boosting right. I love the fxt so far stock it has pretty decent power. I have a 18 month son and it is way easier to load him up get him out than the sti. Im also a carpenter so the fxt is good on getting my tools around. anyways I love the car!!
Also the hose coming from behind the bpv like a inch by 3 inches has a small kink/ pinch will this affect performance?
Thanks all
Micah

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,008 Posts
Welcome!

Was the car tuned for the "stage 2" mods it originally had? If so, did you revert back to a stock tune?

·
Registered
04 FXT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It had no tune atleast when i came across it. im hoping that it had a tune for the mods. I used my AP from my sti to read the codes and reset the ecu by disconecting the battery.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Hello, welcome.

If it had an aftermarket downpipe, my guess is the ECU was flashed to compensate for the upgrade. I'd put the larger downpipe back on before you figure out what's on the ECU.

Resetting the ECU will not return it to stock tune, it'll just clear the learned parameters.

Stan

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,101 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the '04 XT Forester! Post up a picture so the members can look it over. :wink:

If you're going to be MODding, make sure you start your Member Journal before you get too far along. :smile:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
04 FXT
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
Hello, welcome.

If it had an aftermarket downpipe, my guess is the ECU was flashed to compensate for the upgrade. I'd put the larger downpipe back on before you figure out what's on the ECU.

Resetting the ECU will not return it to stock tune, it'll just clear the learned parameters.

Stan
What would be some signs it had a stage 2 base map? When I bought it with the larger DP on it, it was only boosting stock

1 - 10 of 10 Posts