Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi folks,
Just wanted to say hello to the forum as Ive been browsing for a few months when I knew I wanted to buy a forester either new or used. Im a proud owner of a new 2010 spark silver forester 4eat. Ive owned a 2002 wrx wagon and loved that too when I had it.
When shopping for my next car I knew I was done buying >$1000 beaters! I deserved something safe and reliable my parents helped me out as my credit was less than stellar from my divorce....anyways. I was spying a 2007 XTP manual, but my parents insisted that for a couple thousand more I could just get a new car with a warranty...I couldnt really argue that. And my dealer has engines and trans warranty for life!
My foz does everything that was on my list. 4 door (good for my child), carry lots of stuff from Home depot runs (home owner honeydo lists), can tow if needed (i have a 4x8 trailer to haul stuff, maybe a new motorcycle in my future!), and be off road ready (love the mountains and beach). I was looking for a Tacoma but nothing fit my budget.
The foz is pretty much my swiss army knife in a vehicle!

So my only compaints are: Horrible audio in stock form! Ive upgraded my HU, front speakers, and installed a 10"sub and amp already. I also dont like the rolly polly sway. Im looking to mod the suspension but I dont want to hinder the offroad capabilities of it. I need to do more research in this department.

My first mod was a tow hitch from etrailer. Thanks for the tip from here. The curt hitch was perfect and got delivered so quick. It installed in about an hour and the harness was an easy click too.

Thanks for such a great resource here. Im pretty active in the other forums I go to, so its good to be here too.

·
Registered
2011 Sage Green FXP 5 spd
259 Posts
Congrats on the new Subaru, from Minnesota!

Forester is a good all around vehicle with wagon versatility and awd mobility. Plus it is one of the safest cars on the market. Can't beat that!

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks, its an X. I would love the XT but crunching the numbers the added premiums with gas and insurance dissuaded me. After owning a Yamaha R1 with 180hp and weighing 350 lbs....nothing really seems fast anymore! I like my speed on 2 wheels!

I will post pics soon as i find my camera cable....I keep losing stuff...

Heres a pic of the bike tho

Attachments

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good purchase! I thought for sure I'd be the only cat in RVA with a new Forester with any mods. See ya around sometime.
how many in the RVA area? i smell a bbq or something maybe this summer!:Banane35:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts