Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2005 forester XT 4eat
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im GLAD to get a hold of this 05 forester xt... my very first awd, cant wait for winter..anyways things need to be fixed which so far ive done..just recently thought by TEADDROP remote stopped working..new battery doesnt help..

my question here is will the square remote from 2001 subbie with orange and blue button on it work for my 05 forester xt?? anyone .. thanks

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
41,406 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the Forester purchase. :cool:

Those newer remotes have issues with the switch breaking loose. Take a look at my write up here. :icon_eek:

I'm going to say your old '01 remote won't work on your '05 XT, which has a different security system... chipped key + immobilizer. :frown:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2005 forester XT 4eat
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks sleeper and adc.... and yeah i will look into the remote..first unlock button stopped working then the lock after a month... i could have sworn someone confirm that the square key for with orange and blue button is compatible with the 05s.. got to find it again..

i got a solder ill try to fix it...thanks sleeper..

·
Administrator
41,406 Posts
I'm assuming you're located in the States... doesn't say on your Public Profile? :confused:

The earlier fob will work, UNLESS your Forester has a chipped key + immobilizer security system.

Programming a remote fob into a immobilizer secutity system requires an 8 digit code (numbers), which is on a sticker on the inside of the remote. The earlier remote fobs don't have this 8 digit code, so it can be programed into an immobilizer security system. :frown:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
2005 forester XT 4eat
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
actually im in toronto canada...but thanks for the heads up im about to buy a used 2001 key fob which i thought will work for my 2005 fxt but i guess not... on to the solder iron..

·
Administrator
41,406 Posts

·
Registered
2005 forester XT 4eat
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The reason I was asking was to make sure you have an XT, as the earlier remotes will work on the later, nonturbo Forester, but not on the XT. :wink:

Bobby...

thanks for the tips i went with ur suggestion and just went fixing it myself, lock key was no problem although it was so small that it took me a while to solder it.. lock button was a bi#$ch melted the plastic while soldering the corners, which cause the top part aluminum and the circle dish to come off and stupid of me i accidentally hit the fob and hell broke loose.. those 1-2 mm aluminum cover and dish went flying on my living room so go figure how long it took me to find it. but anyways i got everything done right although the rubber cover is the only thing holding that lock button inside its case.

THANKS BRo!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts