Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2007 Forester/XT/Sports
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Howdy,
My name is Eric and I bought an 07 Forester Sports XT today. I live in Port Hueneme CA which is about an hour north of LA. I found the car on the internet at a dealership in Salt Lake City UT. Flew from LAX to Salt Lake last night and picked it up this morning. Just made it home again after driving it 700 miles. Made a great way to get used to the new to me car. It has 34K miles and has been really taken care of well by the previous owners who ironically traded it in on a new full sized truck while I sold my Tundra to down size with the Forester.

This is actually my 2nd Subi. While I was in college in Michigan I had an 86 wagon with the white steel wheels. That thing was indestructable. Hoping the new one holds up half as well as that one did.

I am active duty military. I am a Navy Seabee and love my job. I am married and we have a 5 year old little boy.

Look forward to tweeking the Forester and making it mine with the mods.

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome, glad to have you here.

Lot's of great ideas and advice from lots of great members.
Hope you enjoy your time here.

Cheers

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,784 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester, looks like a nice one from your avatar picture! :cool:

If you're going to be MODding, you might want to start your own Member Journal before you get too far along. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,714 Posts
Welcome to the board. I know very well about where you are at, since I used to live down there.

My ex-wife still lives down there and works on that base as a Gov't worker. If you see a white SF ('01) Forester running around with lots of stickers on it, wave - she'll be sure to wave right back at you.

·
Registered
2007 Forester/XT/Sports
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Welcome to the board. I know very well about where you are at, since I used to live down there.

My ex-wife still lives down there and works on that base as a Gov't worker. If you see a white SF ('01) Forester running around with lots of stickers on it, wave - she'll be sure to wave right back at you.
Good to know. I will wave if I see her on base. Most of the Subaru's down here are WRX's so it will be easy to spot.

It is not bad here but San Diego is much nicer in my opinion. We still have a house down there that we have renters in since being transferred up here. Hope to get back down there in a few years.

·
Registered
2008 08 FXT limited 4EAT
40 Posts
Congrats and welcome.............

To one awesome forum! Salt Lake City is an old stomping ground of mine BTW.

Enjoy your new FOZ. They are a blast..............

·
Registered
2006 FXT
33 Posts
Welcome and congrats on the new purchase. I did almost the same thing. I flew out to Boulder, CO and drove my 06 XT back over the next 2 days. I wish I got a Sports XT though.

·
Registered
2007 Forester/XT/Sports
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the welcome.

I could be wrong but the xt sports with a sunroof seem hard to find. A sunroof is a must for me and I looked long and hard to find one. Not into leather, especially the light tan leather in the newport blue xt so the sports model was a perfect fit. I do really like the newport blue color though.

Waiting for my Thule 440 roof rack system to show up and working on getting a trialer hitch from a member here also. Have to get the kayaks and bikes mounted up!

·
Orig Member #4
2001 Forester
518 Posts
Hi from Port Hueneme/Oxnard

Howdy,
My name is Eric and I bought an 07 Forester Sports XT today. I live in Port Hueneme CA which is about an hour north of LA. I found the car on the internet at a dealership in Salt Lake City UT. Flew from LAX to Salt Lake last night and picked it up this morning. Just made it home again after driving it 700 miles. Made a great way to get used to the new to me car. It has 34K miles and has been really taken care of well by the previous owners who ironically traded it in on a new full sized truck while I sold my Tundra to down size with the Forester.

This is actually my 2nd Subi. While I was in college in Michigan I had an 86 wagon with the white steel wheels. That thing was indestructable. Hoping the new one holds up half as well as that one did.

I am active duty military. I am a Navy Seabee and love my job. I am married and we have a 5 year old little boy.

Look forward to tweeking the Forester and making it mine with the mods.

Thanks!
Hi Eric,

I'm work at Port Hueneme. Been back there a year after spending a few years at Point Mugu. I'm on the back side of the base at NSWC PHD(NAVSEA). I drive a White '01 Forester.

Rachel
RallyNav and KangaCrew
"Follow me and get there faster"

·
Registered
2007 Forester/XT/Sports
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
hey Rachel,
Very cool. Roo mentioned that you were on base also. I am sure we will run into each other at some point. Is your forester stock or have you been tweeking it? I do have plans for my car but nothing grand just the usual stuff.

Although that is what I said about my 01 4Runner when I got it to and it turned out quite differently than planned. I would post a photo but it says I need 15 posts before I can post a url.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts