Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys just got the 2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT.
What better way to obtain information than from fellow users who also own the vehicle!
Ive never posted in a forum before...so ill just attach the images

Guess Ill ask a few questions while Im here...
1) Cobb Accessport will void warranty?
2) Removing plastic engine cover will not void warranty?
3) Any local vendors in LowerMainland to suggest? (I prefer to use STI parts exclusively).

Attachments

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,039 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Calgary.

If you have warranty concerns I would introduce yourself to your local dealership and talk to the service manager. He should be able to answer your warranty questions.

Enjoy the Olympics

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,266 Posts
Congrats & welcome to the forum.

joe r

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,216 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new '07 Forester. Thanks for posting pictures, nice looking Forester! :cool:

Not sure if the COBB Accessport would void the warranty, unless it caused a problem you're trying to have repaired under warrnaty. To me the engine cover is more cosmetic than functional. I have to admit I didn't care for it when I first got my '07 FSXT (July/09), but it grew on me. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2008 Forester AE
1,723 Posts
Hey Welcome to another BC person..

when you are done digging through this forum and looking for some locals check out the VIC forum on nasioc: Vancouver Impreza Club Forum -- VIC - NASIOC there are a few of us on both these forums..

for parts check out Dales Alignment, or my favorite Rocket Rally in squamish.. have fun and enjoy your new forester.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
93 Posts
Hi there,

Welcome from Victoria.

Cheers - Steve

Hey guys just got the 2007 Subaru Forester 2.5XT.
What better way to obtain information than from fellow users who also own the vehicle!
Ive never posted in a forum before...so ill just attach the images

Guess Ill ask a few questions while Im here...
1) Cobb Accessport will void warranty?
2) Removing plastic engine cover will not void warranty?
3) Any local vendors in LowerMainland to suggest? (I prefer to use STI parts exclusively).

·
Registered
2011 Forester
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks guys!
The 2010 Winter Olympics is creating real traffic problems (road closures and whatnot). :icon_frown:
Ill get some more Subaru information around BC dealers too, wont be modifying my Forester in a while since its so new haha.
Very satisfied with the car :banana:

·
Premium Member
2007 XT Sport 5MT
24,015 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Niagara Falls!
Taking your engine cover off shouldn't void your warranty, a COBB AccessPort could void your warranty if the dealership wants to get anal about it, and I can't help you with the source for parts...

·
Super Subie Fan
2004 Forester XT 6spd MT (2005 STI)
287 Posts
Hello from Virginia! I don't know about Canadian Warranty Laws. In the US, the changed part has to be the direct cause of the failure in order to void your warranty, and the dealership has to prove it. Most people just hear that they voided their warranty and leave it at that.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts