Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all, this community is pretty hardcore. I've lurked for a while and am now creating an account. Thanks for the help with random questions over the years. :p

I'm living both in Barcelona and in California.

This is my California ride:

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
37,558 Posts
@navidshrimpo welcome to the forum from Oregon!

For the best forum experience, we recommend completing your "Account Details". The optional information you enter there will display when members click "About" in your forum profile. You can also create a custom "Signature" that will display every time you make a forum post. The optional additional information you provide could mean getting forum member replies, or not.
Bobby...

['07 FSXT Member Journal] ['03 X Member Journal]

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Welcome as well. I want to see the Spanish ride! How common are Subies over there?
No car yet! We're right in the city center so very few people have cars. The cars are more working vans and little generic economy cars, which makes sense. Parking is essentially non-existent and, personally, I would worry about about damage to a nicer car.

When you go out into the suburbs or more rural areas you see more performance vehicles, but in my experiences you see more Audis and BMWs. Honestly I don't remember seeing a Subaru here!

A kinda car that stood out to me when traveling through the Pyrenees a few years ago were these old "Niva" models. According to wikipedia they were the predecessors to modern SUV crossovers, but I think they look pretty badass and punk rock in a weird way. And there were a bunch of them, so I had to take a photo. Not gonna lie I kinda want one, haha.

·
Registered
2011 Subaru Forester
422 Posts
They used to sell those in Canada until 1998, but I have not seen one on the road in years. I have not been to Spain in over 10 years, but I remember some pretty swank luxury vehicles in Madrid back when Spain was booming. I had a Nissan X trail at the time and I remember seeing those there.
Your second-gen Subie is very nice as well. It would be great in the mountains in Spain.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts