Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
wasup everyone,

noob to the subies.. finally getting rid of my dam honda:bananapartyhat:! FINALLY! so.. lookin to get a forester xt, wrx wagon, or wrx sedan.. still contemplating. what yall think? Any input would help. kind of trippen about insurance .. anyone know which is the cheapest to insure out of the 3? but lookin forward to meeting everyone..

·
Premium Member
98 Forester...what else
5,748 Posts
Forester XT is cheaper to insure - the insurance companies can't tell the difference between the X, XS, or turbo models.
Where in the Bay Area are you located?

·
Registered
13 BRZ Limited 6MT
971 Posts
I've owned a wrx sedan (hence my username gdawrx) and almost bought a wrx wagon but I bought an xt.

Why an XT:
I wanted a wagon, the utility of a tailgate was appealing
Most WRXs were either modded poorly (racers) or beat up (skiiers/outdoorsy people)
XT feels more grown up, not as much boy racer
XT is more stealth
XT has more headroom
XT has a ginormous moonroof
XT has more ground clearance, bigger wheelwells than the WRX Wagon
Shorter gearing = faster acceleration
ginormous side mirrors on later foresters

Why a WRX
Easier to mod, as some FXT mods require modification of WRX parts or custom fabbing
Sportier looking
easier to find

·
Registered
2008 Forester XT Limited
1,956 Posts
Grapes and Foresters go hand in hand. And what GDAWRX said. When I tell folks I havea Subaru, they ask, "A WRX?" I say "No, I have a Forester." Then it's usually followed by "awww you should have got a WRX, those are fast.." hahaha but little do they know.:)

So much room, versatility and super stealth.

·
Super Moderator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
35,866 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Good luck on your Forester search. I bought my '07 FSXT in July & it's been great fun MODding it! :cool:

Post up a picture when you find your new ride. :wink:

Bobby...

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Forester is the cheapest out of the three for insurance. Want to join us on a potential drive on Black Friday? There's a thread in the Pacific forum for a norcal drive.

·
The Sub kit guy
2005 Forester X & XT VF39
13,100 Posts
I'm 34 with a clean record, married and own a home and a Forester XT was 1/2 the price of a WRX to insure. My XT is the same rate as my wifes Forester X too.

·
Registered
2011 CT200h/E90 M3
660 Posts
Forester is the cheapest out of the three for insurance. Want to join us on a potential drive on Black Friday? There's a thread in the Pacific forum for a norcal drive.
He doesn't own one yet, but I guess he could join us to see how fun they're to drive.

And welcome from the East Bay Area.

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,887 Posts
Forester will attract less attention, cops are starting to hassle the Impreza drivers around here. More room in the Forester, STi parts swap right in. '04-'05 comes with the 2.5 liter STi engine, where '02-'05 WRX was a 2 liter. '06-'07 WRX wagons are cool, 2.5 liter and better brakes.

I've had '06-'07 WRX wagon owners offer me to trade their cars for my FXT :icon_biggrin: I love the WRX wagons and would not mind at all owning one, you can't go wrong with either car.

Stan

·
Registered
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THANKS EVERYONE FOR THE INPUT AND THE WELCOME.. you guys have convinced me...will definitely go with my first choice of the Forester XT:biggrin:.. and neoshi... what time are yall goin for that drive? unfortunately, i work at best buy :icon_mad:so i might be working for the most part of that day.

·
Registered
NA No more! :(
8,529 Posts
Probably around 9am. Well, there's always next time (though I probably won't be there sniff sniff lol)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts