Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Greetings! I just bought a new 2010 Forester Sporttech at the beginning of this month. I'm glad I did and I'm happy to become a part of the Subaru family. =)

Coming from the 2 Ford vehicles that I owned, I'd say driving the Forester is a much more enjoyable experience. My previous two cars are Tempo and Taurus GL respectively, and they've had nothing but troubles. The Tempo was having electrical problems and the Taurus was having transmission problems. Both were leaking engine oil (need 1 quart every 3 days). I grew tired of it and decided to go for something "made in Japan" and ended up stumbling on the Forester. I have considered the RAV4, CR-V and Outlander but you know what I got in the end. =)

I just wish Subaru Canada would do a better job of pricing their vehicles at a lower price point... The base model costs $5000 more than the US counterpart and we pay like $1525 for freight + PDI. Oh well. Everything is more expensive in Canada... and now with HST... probably won't go out to eat as often (slightly off topic).

I am not really into heavily modding my Forester but something like painting the callipers is on my list of things to do.

Again, I'm glad to have gotten a Forester, and nice to meet you all.

·
Registered
2005 Forester XT
98 Posts
Welcome!!! Grats on your new Fozzy purchase .....

Let me know how the painting of your calipers comes out, i've been thinking about painting my calipers black on my 05.

·
Registered
2007 Forester 2.5x SE
879 Posts
Happy Canada Day! and welcome to the forum from PoCo.

Yeah the Canadian price markup is ****ty. I almost bought used 6 month old Mitsubishi V6 Outlander (Loaded) that was imported from the US, before setting on my used 6 month old Forester. The Outlander would have been about $8,000 less. Really the only reason why I didn't was Mitsubishi Canada would not honor the US 10 year warranty, and any warranty repairs, I would have to drive to the US.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thank you all for your warm welcomes. Happy Canada Day, eh? =)

I will post some pictures later. And I'll report on painting the callipers. I'm thinking black at the moment.

Wow, I didn't know that Mitsubishi Canada does not honour US warranty... will keep that in mind. I was in Coquitlam on Monday and yesterday... so James you might have seen me drove by =P

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,747 Posts
Welcome. Yes, don't get me started on the Canada/US. price difference. Good choice in going with the Forester. I've had mine since December, and I'm loving it(4,900km). Enjoy your new ride.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks for the warm welcomes, guys.

I've already clocked 2200km with my Forester. Loving every moment I'm driving it =)

Just checked the oil level... it's looking great! When I'm thinking of an oil change (debating whether if I should do it myself or let the dealership do it), I'm wondering where do all of you get your accessories? And if any of you have had experience with Subaru... what does the bumper to bumper 36 months warranty include?

·
Fast & Dirty
2009 Forester XT 4 speed auto
4,039 Posts
Do the oil change yourself.

I did it for the first time on my FXT and it went well. I buy the oil filter with crush washer at my local dealership. The oil (Castral 5w30) at the cheapest place I can. Crappy Tire often sells the 4L bottle with a free 1L bottle. This is perfect as the car requires less than 5 litres but more than 4.

Bumper to bumper warranty means everything short of wear items.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts