Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2010 Forester
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
Just signed a contract for my first Subaru (and first ever - new car). 2010 Forester X Auto. When I bought my second last car (1998), I wanted a secondhand Brumby Ute (may be called something else outside Oz), but they were too dear. Now, 12 years later, I have finally made the leap.

Although I did look at the New Hyundai IX35 (stone me, but -top of the range turbo diesel for AUD$4000 more than base model auto Fozz), I really wanted a Subi.

I think the sales guy sensed this when I knew more about the options available for the Forester than he did (he had no idea when I was talking about the short shift kit for the manual gearbox). Due to that, I couldn't get much more of a discount than I did.

Unfortunately, I may have to wait up to two months for my chosen colour - Dark Grey - to come from Japan. Here in Western Australia, we are last stop for the boat after the east Coast. :icon_frown:

·
Registered
MY07 XT
62 Posts
Hey mate, congrats and best wishes for the wait! Heaps to learn on here and also check out Welcome to OzFoz.com for some local advice and cruises with some fellow Foz owners in Perth ( if you haven't already ;) )

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,857 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Post up a picture when you get it so we can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,827 Posts
Welcome, glad you found us.
I had to look this up but a Brumby was the Subaru Brat here in North America. I don't know what they called the later version over there but here it was the Baja based on the later generation Outback.

It's not hard to know more than your average salesman, they usually bounce from brand to brand if they are not to good at sales (he's probably very happy you bought from him). Too bad about the wait, but you can browse around here and your local Foz site, and maybe meet up with a local and have some fun together.

Cheers

·
Registered
2010 Forester
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks for the welcomes.

I just got a call today and there is a dark grey car in town. It will be 'a couple of weeks' before I get it. I don't know why it takes that long to look it over and detail it. Anyway, better than months....

I'm off to look around this place.

Oh, and I will post some pics when I get it.

·
Registered
2010 Forester
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome, glad you found us.
I had to look this up but a Brumby was the Subaru Brat here in North America. I don't know what they called the later version over there but here it was the Baja based on the later generation Outback.
It was always a brumby here. A brumby is a wild horse BTW.
Do you watch 'My Name is Earl'?

(h t t p://cache.jalopnik.com/assets/resources/2008/07/The-Most-Patriotic-Brat.jpg)

(The forum won't let my post the actual link until I have made 15 posts...

1 - 11 of 11 Posts