Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I’m new to the forum and in the process of doing some research before I make a purchase sometime in July of this year. I'm thinking about the:

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Touring

• manual transmission
  • obsidian black pearl in colour

I am also thinking about adding a few dealer installed options:

• trailer hitch assembly (with harness)
  • bumper - rear step pad (black)
  • rear spoiler - roof-line (body colour)
  • block heater [a must for Canadian winters!]

Any thoughts?

- FF

·
Registered
2018 ForesterXT Touring..
2,748 Posts
Fuji Foz, go for it-you will love it. I have a Touring model also, only with the auto. What are you driving now? Are you going to trade it in? By the way-welcome to the forum and happy Forester hunting:banana:.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Right now I'm driving a 2007 Saturn Ion … it's an okay little car but just not practical for me. I'm looking for something that can be my daily commuter and also handle the snow and the occasional dirt road. I also need something with a bit more space for the dog and any future kids. The lease is up on the Saturn at the end of the summer and the Forester seems like it will fit the bill!

- FF

·
Registered
2010 Forester
93 Posts
I have the same model except for the colour. First thing I added was the black rear step pad (the bumper on my last car got scratched just after I had it new, bugged me - it's worth getting). Getting the hitch added after the tax refund comes.

We went to the Foz after a Mazda 5 - while I don't find the Foz as economical or as quick (purely subjective opinion) I just love to drive it (certainly is better in the snow).

Go for it.

Cheers - Steve

Hi, I’m new to the forum and in the process of doing some research before I make a purchase sometime in July of this year. I'm thinking about the:

2010 Subaru Forester 2.5X Touring

• manual transmission
  • obsidian black pearl in colour

I am also thinking about adding a few dealer installed options:

• trailer hitch assembly (with harness)
  • bumper - rear step pad (black)
  • rear spoiler - roof-line (body colour)
  • block heater [a must for Canadian winters!]

Any thoughts?

- FF

·
Registered
2003 Forester X Auto
947 Posts
Welcome from NB. Sounds like good choices. Can't say I would prefer black as it shows every scratch, swirl mark and flaw(dents, dings), but it's your choice.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,938 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Good luck on your Forester purchase. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2009 Forester 2.5x
702 Posts
Hope you buy it. The oem block heater works great, I use one. The bumper step pad is a must, you'll be surpised how often you hop up there. I've noticed this winter that the lack of mud flaps lets the tires throw a lot of schmutz on the side of the Forester...so they're on my 'buy' list. But I don't think I'll get the Subaru flaps (or guards), aftermarket ones look like they offer more protection. Good luck,
Steve
09 2.5X AT

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Steve for the suggestion about mud flaps … I like the idea! I agree with you that the aftermarket ones would probably be a good choice. There seems to be a fairly good discussion about the UR mud flaps from Rally Armor … I'll have to put them on my “wish list” :)

- FF

·
Premium Member
07 Forester XT
6,759 Posts
IMO you don't need a block heater in Ottawa. I've lived here forever and not once had a problem starting any car unless the battery was already dying. The UR mud flaps are great, they stay flexible down past -30. See my review post on them from 2007.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Yeah, Ottawa is not too bad for cold starts … however it only needs to happen once on a cold and early morning when you wish you had of sprung for that block heater ... and of course it always happens when you are in a rush! :) Glad to hear that the UR mud flaps are working out … thanks for the review post!

-FF

1 - 13 of 13 Posts