Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
94 Explorer
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi.

I am looking at getting an upgrade from my 94' ford explorer and have been actively searching for a wrx. I came across SF.org and now want to explore the possibilities here.

I'm going to spend a little time here and look at the trades offs of getting a non-turbo and doing some swapping, or off getting an XT and doing some swapping.

Open to suggestions, never owned a high performance vehicle before, so not looking to go to overboard or out of the realm or practicality.

Cody

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,446 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Glad you decided to joined our group. Good luck on your Forester search. :wink:

If you want power, go for a Forester XT. Keep in mind they will cost more & will require premium fuel. In addition, when the MOD bug strikes, it will continue to cost you money! :cool:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Registered
94 Explorer
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the tip, the more I look over the forums, the more I realize that fact.
But what else am I going to do with that money, pay bills...

But am trying to get into something fun and practical. When on the search I drove an 02 wrx and was really thrilled about that, the main reason I am looking to the forester is probable insurance rates, being 23 with no tickets, for some reason always have high premiums. I will have to get behind the wheel of an XT and a NA model and see which one feels right.

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X 5 speed manual
2,136 Posts
Welcome to the forum. Because of your age you will have high insurance premiums regardless of driving record. You insurance premium may not jump as much by getting an NA model, but it will still be a higher premium. Not sure what will happen to your premium if you get an XT.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts