Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2007 forester
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi fellow Subaru drivers:

I am a new mwmber- wanted to inroduce myself and say I am glad you have this site for sharing info about Subarus.
I am the only Subary owner among my friends and family so i am glad I found you !
I have enjoyed trouble free service from my 07 Forrester so far, but recently the oxygen intake had to be replaced and now they are telling me I need anew catalytic converter !
The car only has 30k mile son it .
What gives ?
Any advice....

Thanks,

·
Registered
2006 Forester XT
657 Posts
Since the cat is a pollution control device, it should be covered by the factory warranty.

In the US, I believe that is 80k miles.

Any dealer knows that, and if he is asking you to pay a lot of money to replace it, he is ripping you off, plain and simple.

·
Premium Member
2008 XS 4EAT
9,825 Posts
Definately warranty if you took it to a local garage they are probably ripping you off.

If you havn't been to a Subaru dealership, I suggest you call and speak with the service department. If you have the owners manual, basic warranty info may be included in there.

If you have taken it to a Subaru dealership and they are telling you this, you can call Subaru and make an inquiry as to if it's covered and if so report the dealer to Subaru head office and find another dealer or shop that specializes in Subarus.

You may want to post that request in the Regional Forum

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
40,936 Posts
Hi fellow Subaru drivers:

I am a new mwmber- wanted to inroduce myself and say I am glad you have this site for sharing info about Subarus.
I am the only Subary owner among my friends and family so i am glad I found you !
I have enjoyed trouble free service from my 07 forester so far, but recently the oxygen intake had to be replaced and now they are telling me I need anew catalytic converter !
The car only has 30k mile son it .
What gives ?
Any advice....

Thanks,
Welcome the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

By "oxygen intake", do you mean the O2 sensor? If so & it was the front one, it could have caused the engine to run so rich that it took out the CAT. I'd think the CAT would be covered under the vehicle warranty. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

1 - 5 of 5 Posts