Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2011 Forester 2.5 auto
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello. I'm shopping Subarus to replace my aging Montero. The Forester seems like it might be a suitable replacement, and this forum is clearly the place to find real information. I look forward to learning and sharing Forester knowledge.:Banane35:

·
Premium Member
2017 VW Golf SportWagen 5MT
10,784 Posts
Welcome. How old of a Forester? My Mom has a Montero, it's a solid truck and has not had issues, be aware of many used Foresters needing expensive work.

Stan

·
Registered
2011 Forester 2.5 auto
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome. How old of a Forester? My Mom has a Montero, it's a solid truck and has not had issues, be aware of many used Foresters needing expensive work.

Stan
03 20th anniversary edition. It's been a pretty solid vehicle but I did have to replace a circuit board behind the dash (that controls coolant temp gauge and) and a rear control arm. These were both known issues with the Montero and now they are telling me that the exhaust manifolds are cracked. It seems like it may be getting to that age where problems will keep popping up. The 2011 Forester I'm looking at has 32,000 miles and an extended warranty until 2019 so hopefully it will be less expensive to maintain. It's smaller, with less off-road capability than the Montero but I seldom utilize those qualities in the Montero anyway.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts