1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1999 subaru forester
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

Yesterday I brought this '99 Forester L AWD 5spd w/ 137K on the ODO! :biggrin:

I purchased it from a used car dealer in northern NJ for under $4K w/ a 3 month warranty. I've driven the car a lot in the last 24hrs. just to get a feel for it & I must say that I absolutely love it! It handles great & I love the sound of the flat four. I come from the world of modified VW's so stepping up to this Subie w/ it's independent suspension at all four corners & AWD is a "night & day" difference. The brakes, steering & clutch feel great & it doesn't leak or burn any fluids. The only issue i've found so far is what I think may be a small exhaust leak. All the electrics ( pwr. windows, mirrors, radio, lighting & etc... ) are functional & the interior/exterior is remarkably clean & tidy for a 10+ year old car.

I guess i'm going to start off with some basic maintenance/tune-up before i dive into the fun mods. Although i was up pretty late last night researching lowering springs, beefier sway bars, header back exhausts, aggressive wheel fitments & etc... :Banane35:

Any comments or suggestions are welcome!

cheers,
-mike M.

Attachments

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,788 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Nice looking Forester, thanks for posting pictures! :cool:

We use Mother's Back-to-Black on our '03 X side panels & bumpers & it makes them look like new. It also works great on any exterior plastic, even the tires. This stuff is very good, but make sure you wipe off the excess for the best results. :wink:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Pleiads' biggest leghumper
04's 2 FXT's.
9,263 Posts
congrats & welcome to the forum...

joe r

·
Registered
1999 subaru forester
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
@ Bobby: thanks for the tip! :)

@ Joe: thanks

@ funky...: it's a small world isn't it?! i'll def have fun with it

·
Registered
1999 subaru forester
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Can anyone point me in the direction to a Subaru Specialty Shop/Garage in, NJ that works primarily on Subie's?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts