Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
2006 X
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone!

Name is Jon. I recently picked up a 2006 Steel Gray Forester X. I'm pretty excited about my new car! For a while a I was the only one in my family of six that didn't own a Subaru!! I picked it up fairly cheap with 17,000 miles on it. Not bad if you ask me!

Being a musician and music teacher, I need a car to carry around all my drums and then some. I came from a Chrysler PT Cruiser that lasted 187,000 miles. Its bittersweet to finally have a Forester, I've wanted one for about 100,00 of those miles! Ha!

I'm excited to start talking with all of you!

Cheers!

J.

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
39,829 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Post up a picture so the members can look it over. :wink:

Bobby...

My MODding Journal

·
Registered
2006 X
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Photos to follow...we were deluged with rain today here in the Northeast!

·
Registered
2004 Forester 2.5X 5 speed manual
2,136 Posts
Welcome to the forum.

Although I'm a bit confused...why would a musician have drums? :N_poke: :biggrin:

·
Registered
2000 Forester
88 Posts
Welcome from Washington.
What are the future plans for the car, just keep it stock?

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Not just drums....heavy as hell drums...but they look and sound so niiiice! Ha!
Oh yeah, I'm familiar with that brand. Have a set of those myself (plus Enduro cases). And if I could get timpani and the rest of the battery percussion in the back of the Forester, I'd probably lug that around too.

There is something to be said for a vehicle that is just big enough to be comfortably useful. :biggrin:

·
Registered
2006 X
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Oh yeah, I'm familiar with that brand. Have a set of those myself (plus Enduro cases). And if I could get timpani and the rest of the battery percussion in the back of the Forester, I'd probably lug that around too.

There is something to be said for a vehicle that is just big enough to be comfortably useful. :biggrin:

Enduro cases are the best cases on the market. I wont use anything else. I convinced the band directors of both the drumlines I teach to buy them for the line.

I'd kill to save for my own set of tympani. A guy can dream.....

·
Registered
2006 X
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Welcome from Washington.
What are the future plans for the car, just keep it stock?
Well I installed a new radio today (Pioneer P3100DVD) and my tweeter kit should be here soon.

I want to do skid plates and a small lift. Any suggestions?

·
Registered
2000 Forester
88 Posts
Well I installed a new radio today (Pioneer P3100DVD) and my tweeter kit should be here soon.

I want to do skid plates and a small lift. Any suggestions?
A small lift, what for, planning on off-roading?

·
Registered
2006 X
212 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
A small lift, what for, planning on off-roading?

I like photography and camping. It would help getting to some of the places I would like to go! Can you help point me in the right direction?

Yes they are. Learned that the hard way. Ever watch your bass drum go bouncing down a hill?
That just gave me the chills man. My buddy had his SUCKED out of the back of a pickup truck on the highway. It wasn't hurt that bad...but it was a Premier.....and they are kinda sorta not really out of business...again!

Jersey----->What exit??:biggrin:

Welcome!
Exit 98!

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
That just gave me the chills man. My buddy had his SUCKED out of the back of a pickup truck on the highway. It wasn't hurt that bad...but it was a Premier.....and they are kinda sorta not really out of business...again!
No worries. I had just gotten the Enduro cases the day before and was using them. A friend was trying to help but temporarily forgot about round things interacting with gravity and rolling downhill. However no damage was done and I'm still using that drum 9 years later.

I have a late 80s Tama Rockstar drumset.

·
Registered
2000 Forester
88 Posts
1 - 20 of 22 Posts