Subaru Forester Owners Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just purchased a 2004 FXT (only 40k miles). I want to do some upgrades, nothing too serious...as of right now I want to just do stage 1 access port map and possibly turbo back exhaust...a few question

-will installing access port stage 1 hurt my engine and create realiability / durability issues?

-when I go to do exhaust and upgrade to stage 2 access port tune will i have to go with a cobb exhaust system or will other turbo back systems be compatible...along with that will this mod cause reliability/durability issues.

I am not too concerned with huge mods and huge HP but just want to play around with it a bit and have a fast daily driver.

Thanks

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,722 Posts
Welcome. Subaru, the official car of New England! LFOD!

·
Administrator
2007 Forester Sports XT 4EAT
38,701 Posts
Welcome to the forum from Oregon! :biggrin:

Congratulations on the new Forester! Post up a picture so we can look it over. :wink:

You shouldn't have any reliability issues with a COBB AccessPORT installation. My Forester didn't respond well with the OTS tune map, so I opted for a dyno protune. :cool:

Bobby...

['07 FSXT MODding Journal] ['03 X MODding Journal]

·
Administrator
2018 2.5i Premium CVT
18,722 Posts
Shiny!

Help us help you by filling out the vital details of your Forester in your signature. Year, model, and transmission type ought to do it just fine. That way this shows up automatically on all your posts, and enables us to fine tune any advice on questions you might have in the future. And New Hampshire is a big place (well sort of, by our standards), so a more fine grained location might help us recommend sources of parts and service, or even offer a hand in the wrenching.

You can get to both profile and signature from Quick Links up in the tan bar at the top of every page.

·
Registered
2004 Forester XT
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
finally got a pic up with a fresh/wash wax and new tint - got a little artistic with the long exposure - perhaps still a little dark....either way lovin my new to me sube way better than my Lancer GTS couldn't be happier....now just need more power

Attachments

1 - 11 of 11 Posts